All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

What Supernatural Being Would You Choose?




Halloween is almost here – the time when thoughts turn to the supernatural. With the popularity of the paranormal - books, TV, movies – it seems the supernatural is in our thoughts year-round, and the trend for all things paranormal shows no signs of abating. I’ve heard it said that when times are hard, people gravitate to the supernatural as a means of escape. Or maybe the paranormal is so popular because anything otherworldly is just plain fun.

I love reading time travel romances, love books about beings who have magical powers, love shifter stories. I don’t much like anything to do with vampires, but that’s just me. Vampires have scared me since Bela Lugosi lured unsuspecting and “too stupid to live” people into that old castle. Vampire romances aren’t as popular as they once were, but I think vamps will be with us for a long time to come. I published one very dark shifter paranormal romance which scared me as I wrote it. I prefer to read and write lighter fantasy.



My question today is: If you could have any magical power or be any supernatural being, what would you choose?

I’ve always wanted the powers of Samantha in the old TV show, “Bewitched.” I want to twitch my nose and have my whole house cleaned. Wow! Can you imagine that! I’d take it further. Whenever I wanted to change my wardrobe, I’d look at pictures of couture clothes, shoes and handbags, twitch the nose, and voila! An instant new wardrobe. Cool, huh? 

Wouldn’t it be fun to be able to think something and make it come true? But there’d be a rule you can’t hurt anyone. Imagine driving and some jerk cuts you off or runs a red light and almost plows into your car. Wouldn’t you love seeing the jerk’s wheels fall off his car when he pulls one of these stupid moves? And as a person with magic abilities, you could make this happen. You could be a one-person avenger giving the jerks of the world what they deserve. But, remember, don’t hurt anyone. I know, my mind works in strange ways.

 While I don’t read vampire stories, I do enjoy some shifter stories and witch stories. One of my favorite series is the Mayfair witches from Anne Rice. Those are some darn scary witches. I plan to write my own witch romance someday, with a witch heroine who will have great powers, but she won’t be evil. However, she’ll be surrounded by evil. That one’s still in the pre-writing stage.



My dark shifter story, Cursed Mates is on sale now for Halloween. My hero Nick was cursed to life as a werewolf in 1530. At each full moon he shifts into a great white wolf. I love real wolves and contribute to organizations committed to helping them survive. So, it was only natural I should write a shifter story about a werewolf. Have you ever wanted to transform into an animal? If I could be an animal, it would be a spoiled housecat, like my two cats. But I wouldn’t hunt mice. Eww!



Would you want to be a vampire? Think of all that power and immortality. Imagine drinking blood. Shivers. Or would you rather be a sexy witch who has the power to make men grovel at your feet? Or a one-person avenger out to rid the world of jerks?

What supernatural being would you choose?



Cursed Mates, on sale for only $1.99 until October 31.





Scorching. Suspense. Sensual.

"What if you were honor bound to kill the man you love?"

Nick Radford is a reluctant werewolf who’s been fighting the Beast within for nearly 500 years. He’s never killed a human, but the Beast is gaining strength and Nick may not be able to ward off his inner demon much longer.

Kyla Yaeger is an elite were-hunter with a scarred past. Her life’s mission is to slay the werewolves that slaughtered her parents. Her quest has brought her to Maine, where she’s been summoned to destroy the werewolf terrorizing the quaint little village of Heavensent. The last thing she needs is to get distracted by her mysterious—not to mention hunky—new neighbor, Nick Radford.

By the time Kyla learns Nick is her target, she’s already fallen for him, making her task of killing him that much harder. She is torn between her love for him and her duty to kill her sworn enemy. Nick fights his forbidden love for Kyla, knowing she is duty-bound to kill him. Kyla and Nick must join forces to fight an even bigger threat—one that will destroy all humanity. Only by their combined powers, can they destroy the evil and bring an end to a centuries old curse.


Like lighter fantasy?

Snow Globe Magic




The gift of love...
A mysterious matchmaker alters the destiny of three women when she offers each the gift of a magical snow globe. Is the elderly stranger simply eccentric? Or is there enchantment in her gifts?

Her Snow White Christmas...
A Christmas snow globe swirls holiday magic for a sophisticated New York woman with a broken heart and a handsome Iraq War vet with a secret. It’s Christmas in Vermont and magic swirls in the air like glitter in a snow globe.

Her Frog Prince Holiday...
The gift of a magical snow globe paints the scene for romance between a Manhattan art gallery manager and a sexy man who isn’t what he seems. It’s Halloween in Manhattan. Can a woman who thought she wanted a frog, learn to love a prince?

Her Red Riding Hood Valentine...
A magical snow globe sets the stage for romance between a drama teacher who no longer believes in love and an enticing photographer picturing a different life. It’s the season of love in Manhattan. Can a feisty redhead and a wolf in an Armani suit picture a new life together?

Each title in this boxed set is available separately.


Visit me at: www.caramarsi.com




HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


2 comments:

Paris said...

As much as I love wolf shifters, the supernatural beings I'm most drawn to are the big cats, tigers and jaguars. When I was a child I even had an imaginary tiger my mother set out water for and let out in the evenings for me. As for vampires, I'm with you, vamps creep me out. I guess like my heroes with a pulse:)

Cara Marsi said...

Thanks for posting, Paris. I like big cat shifters too. I see books with bear shifters and I shudder. No way. LOL about heroes with a pulse. Me, too.

Share buttons