All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Janice Seagraves's Haunted House





Hi, my name is Janice Seagraves. 

A lot of people read have ask me, “Is your house really haunted?”

The old house we used to live in seemed that way to me.

Since my husband and I first moved into the old house twenty-eight years ago, I’ve heard a little girl crying when I washed my hands in the bathroom. Which in itself isn’t anything unusual, however we live two miles out of town in the middle of what had been a grape vineyard but is now an almond orchard, and we have no close neighbors. I’ve lived here for twenty-five years and heard the same child sobbing. Reason would dictate that if this was a child, she would be grown up by now.

Once when my daughter was still a newborn baby, she started to cry. I was sitting next to my husband, watching TV. I sighed and started to get up, when I heard a woman’s voice saying very clearly, “Hush, baby.” I ran into the bedroom, and my husband ran outside. When I turned on the light, my baby was asleep, and no one was there. My husband came back inside and told me no one was outside. 

While my daughter was a baby she would sleep with us, I would feel the bed dip like someone was sitting down. I’d open my eyes to see if my husband was putting on his shoes, but my daughter and I were alone.

Over the years I, my husband and my daughter have seen a little girl ghost at different times and places in the house. One time while my daughter was sleeping with me, she screamed in the middle of the night. I jerked awake and turned over to check on her--that’s when I saw the little girl ghost sitting on my bed on the far side of my daughter, staring at me. Then she faded away.

When my daughter was little about three or so, she had an invisible friend named Jenifer or Jenny, which I later realized was our resident ghost girl.

Once or twice I’ve heard a scary voice saying my name and a chill would wash down my back. Thank goodness I haven’t had that after since our move. *shiver*
I’ve been woken up by the sound of my bedroom door being opened and when I wake up, it was closed. 

We’ve seen orbs. Mostly green ones and blue ones. I saw one in the bathroom and followed it in my daughter’s room, where it landed on the foot of her bed and disappeared. 

I have taken a few orb photos with our black kitty we used to have, and I have an earlier photo with a white something that went through my husband’s mouth. These photos were taken with two different cameras; one digital and one a 35 mm.
When my husband worked nights, sometimes I would see something under the fitted sheet moving back and forth. I thought maybe a mouse got into the mattress. My husband and I flipped the mattress over and I couldn’t find any mouse holes, so I have no idea what that was.

One morning, I was woken up by a child singing the song called the Lilac Tree. Both my husband and daughter were in the living room watching Saturday morning cartoons. And nothing they watched had a child singing.

I’ve been woken up by the smell of Brownies baking and thought my daughter was baking. When I went into the kitchen and no one was cooking. Boy was I disappointed.

One time when I overslept, I heard someone walking around my bed, saying, “Come on, honey, it’s time to get up.” When I sat up, no one was there.
My daughter told me one of her friends that spend the night had heard the bathroom door creak open and the sound of whispering. The friend asked my daughter if her parents were up. My daughter said no, and then they both went and checked the bathroom. No one was there.

My husband and I both heard the whispering voices before, right when we got home from shopping. We quickly open the front door to the house, flinging it open but the noises stopped, and no one was there. 

Just before we moved from that old house, I just laid down to go to sleep, I felt someone tuck in the tag on my pajama top. My bedroom door was closed, and hubby was working the graveyard shift and my daughter was staying the night at a friend’s house. 

I was alone. 

Or was I?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Janice’s website: http://janice-seagraves.org/
Janice’s on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Janice-Seagraves/e/B0056D223Y/



Blurb:
Morgan isn’t expecting romance when she accompanies her friend for a week of skiing, but when she meets Jared all bets are off.
Jared has secrets that he doesn’t mind sharing with a special lady, and he hopes Morgan is that special someone. When his past and present collide it’s worse than he imagined, and he’s forced to fight for his life.
heart knot
Excerpt:
“Morgan, open up.” The woman pounded on the door again.
Unlocking the door, Morgan stepped back so her mother could enter. “Mom, this is Jared. The man I’ve been seeing. Jared this is my mom, Alice Brookhaven.”
“Good day, Mrs. Brookhaven.” He held out his hand.
Instead of shaking his hand, she scanned him up and down. “No belt or tie.”
“Hardly anyone wears a belt and tie anymore.” Morgan snorted.
“What’s with his hair?” Alice stared. “Did you dye it that color?”
He ran his hand over his mane. “This is natural.”
“Orange?”
Morgan frowned at her mother. “It’s a type of red, Mom. Lots of Scotts are redheaded.”
Alice gave her a sharp look before turning back to Jared. “Did one of your parents have hair that color?”
“I donna remember.” His heart twisted at the thought of his parents.
“Are you an orphan?”
“Aye.” As the deep emptiness filled him, he slumped against the wall staring down. “That I am. I have not even a photo of me mum and da to know which of them had red hair.”
“Oh, sorry to hear that.” Mrs. Brookhaven stared at his bare feet then checked her daughter’s, too. “Were you both naked when I called?”
“Huh?” Surprised at the accuracy of her guess, he baulked. He didn’t want to tread on dangerous ground with this woman. Jared glanced at Morgan for assistance.
Morgan threw her hands in the air. “Oh, Mom, you didn’t give us much notice.”

 https://www.amazon.com/Year-Cat-Janice-Seagraves-ebook/dp/B0748CP9JH/

5 comments:

Kelley Heckart said...

Thanks for sharing this. I always thought it would be cool to live in a haunted house, but only if it's haunted by friendly ghosts. LOL

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Hi Janice,

A great story! I hope you used it for fiction. My husband's aunt and uncle lived in a similar house at one time, an old Southern farmhouse. It inspired me to write my Gothic romance DARK MOON RISING. The house in that novel has two residents ghosts, women from different centuries bent on revenge of the male family. Another perfect Halloween story.

Melissa Keir said...

Wonderful examples of life continuing. I am glad that the ghosts seemed friendly. All the best with your book.

Marianne Stephens said...

You need to write a story about your haunted house. All of you had ghostly/unexplained experiences , so how could that be possible if SOMETHING/SOMEONE wasn't haunting your home?
BOO! :-)

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Kelly,

Friendly ghosts are the best kind to have. :)

Hi Jacqueline,

One day, I might write a ghost story. :)

Hi Melissa,

Some were. Especially the one who made my bedroom smell like brownies and who woke me from my nap.

Hi Marianne,

Boo! :) Maybe one day, I shall. But I'm still too close to think our old haunted house is charming. Once I get some distance to the experience I can write something.

But...I am sharing the story this way. :)

Janice~

Share buttons