All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Halloween Costumes and Customs



I am a big fan of the holiday. I love everything about it. The fact it comes shortly after my birthday meant I had a lot of Halloween themed parties growing up. Interrupted only by one Batman themed one because I was a seven-year-old with my first crush.  I love It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and giving out candy and getting candy and dressing up in costumes of all kinds. But most especially as a vampire or a witch. When I learened about a party this year, I just tossed out, "Oh no problem, I'll just grab a cape and mask."  Because I have several. Some I even made.

Even in SoCal we get some cool evenings and a fair amount of fall wind that sends leaves skittering and locals on fire watch. But it's still the most magical time of the year. Samhain. 

This year, I am thrille to be releasing a story as partof the brand new Magic and Mayhem Universe. Stop by and like our Facebook page to find out all the exciting doings from me and 14 other authors who are releasing truly Halloween-worthy stories. We specialize in magical, funny, romantic tales and we only have three days to go!

Here's a little bit about Witch Way Inn!


Witch Way Inn

Growing up in a town populated by magical beings, Karina Jewel’s complete lack of ability is an embarrassment to her family and a source of great personal misery. But an inheritance from an aunt she’s never heard of offers her the chance to break free and start life anew in the scenic High Sierras. The Witch Way Inn, a haven for magical and non-magical folk alike is about to open, and it holds all her hopes and dreams. In addition to the house, Aunt Graciela left her a prophesy. She will reconnect with someone from another life…and that connection will change everything.

Early Rogers’ article about the Shifter Whisperer for The Journal of Magical Times received a less-than-positive response from Zelda, who happens to be a good friend of his publisher. Instead of his usual globe-trotting assignments, he’s to cover the grand opening of a hotel with such low standards even regular humans are invited. He’s already got the piece half-written in his head. The sooner his punishment is fulfilled, the sooner he can get back to the real world and his exciting life.

Neither is looking for their other half, at least not in this life. But could they have been looking for lifetimes? And maybe, just maybe, there is a key somewhere in the mountains to unlock Karina’s magic, if there is any to unlock. They say opposites attract, but  sometimes opposites collide with explosive results.



My first contribution, Witch Way Out is also available.

Have a Happy Halloween. Be safe, eat candy or some treat to celebrate this holiday. I am going to attempt to make Soul Cakes. I'll have to report back on how that goes.


2 comments:

Debby said...

We are going to the zoo today for some trick or treating. Hope it is fun.

Debby from USA
debby236 at gmail dot com

Paris said...

I have very fond memories of It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! Witch Way Inn sounds like loads of fun. I can't wait to read this one:)

Share buttons