All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

What Are Paraprosdokians???




Paraprosdokians are a figure of speech where the latter part of the sentence is unexpected and usually humorous. These are from Carlene Rae Dater.

Here's some of them......

1.  If I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me attractive.

2.  I  find it ironic that the colors red, white and blue stand for freedom, until they're flashing behind me.

3.  Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation toward the local swimming pool so I gave him a glass of water.

4. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

5.  I'm great at multi-tasking. I can waste time, be unproductive and procrastinate all at once.

6.  If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

7.  Take my advice, I'm not using it.

8.  My wife and I were happy for twenty years, then we met.

9.  Hospitality is the art of making guests feel like they're at home when you wish they were.

10.  I was going to wear my camouflage shirt but then I couldn't find it.



Have any to add to this list?
Jean Hart Stewart

photos: Flickr: dbowman2001 and dusty64
and Nancy M (grammarly)

4 comments:

Debby said...

Silence is golden, duct tape is silver.
debby236 at gmail dot com from USA

Krista said...

What a great post!!!

Tina Donahue said...

LOL - love #2

ELF said...

Those are wonderful, but I suspect I will remember the examples far longer than I will remember how to spell that word! Thanks for the laugh, definitely needed it.

Share buttons