All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, May 18, 2023

All Through The Night


 I’m a night owl. I don’t go to sleep until six in the morning. Luckily, I don’t have to get up to go to work to live that “lark” lifestyle (Lark is the term for morning people). 

Traits of a night owl include a higher intelligence and are more creative than larks. We are also more likely to get high-paying jobs. We do lag behind “larks” in our academic performance (because we are tired and want sleep). We are also more likely to smoke and have unhealthy eating habits. 

But I love the night. The world is quiet. The rush and crowds of people are hidden behind their doors. It’s the time when I feel as if I can truly breathe. I swear my breathing is better. The air smells sweeter and the wind feels refreshing. It’s also the time when I feel free. I just come alive, listening to crickets and seeing the lightning bugs (both at risk). The daylight feels anxious, too fast, noisy, and crowded. Sometimes, I feel like I’m being pulled and dragged when the sunlight hits me.

I have no plans to fit into society’s demand to be a lark. I’m a proud night owl. 

Are you a night owl or a lark? Share what you love about it.  

No comments:

Share buttons