All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mothers Leave Footprints In Your Heart


Poster by R. Ann Siracusa


FIRST FRIEND, BEST FRIEND, FOREVER FRIEND

Mother’s Day is the special time of year set aside for celebrating a very special person; our best friend, our mentor, our personal advisor, the person who always has our backs. It is the time to remember that person and show our love to all the women our lives, be it mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, friend.


The year 2020 finds us in trying times, self-centered times that generate worry, but they also bring out the best in people. People all over the world are helping each other and finding ways to give their love to others less fortunate in meaningful ways. If you can’t be with the important women in your life, at least take the time to call, write, or share memories of them with someone else you care about.

A MOM'S HUG LASTS LONG AFTER SHE IS GONE


I’m sharing with the RB4U readers some of my favorite Mother’s Day Quotes. The part I like most about Mother’s Day quotes from famous people is the realization no one is born already a great athlete, or poet, or statesman, or movie star, or wonderful mother. All of us were born young and someone’s love guided us to become what we are today.

I’m sure you will find quotes that resonate with you.



GOD COULD NOT BE EVERYWHERE AND THEREFORE HE MADE MOTHERS


"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." ~ Sophia Loren


"My mom has made it possible for me to be who I am. Our family is everything. Her greatest skill was encouraging me to find my own person and own independence." ~ Charlize Theron


"The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children." ~ Jessica Lange


"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." ~ Mark Twain


"It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding." ~ Erma Bombeck


"That strong mother doesn't tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is reality we are living in." ~ Lauryn Hill


"I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars." ~ E. M. Forster


"Mothers are the necessity of invention." ~ Bill Watterson


"Yes, Mother. I can see you are flawed. You have not hidden it. That is your greatest gift to me." ~ Alice Walker


"My mother used to tell me man gives the award, God gives the reward. I don't need another plaque." ~ Denzel Washington


"Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials." ~ Meryl Streep


"My mother was a personal friend of God's. They had ongoing conversations." ~ Della Reese


"There was never a child so lovely but his mother was[n't] glad to get him to sleep." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


"Mothers and children are human beings, and they will sometimes do the wrong thing." ~ Maurice Sendak


"I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her." ~ Ellen DeGeneres


"Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing." ~ Ricki Lake


"I may be the only mother in America who knows exactly what their child is up to all the time." ~ Barbara Bush


"The real menace in dealing with a five-year-old is that in no time at all you begin to sound like a five-year-old." ~ Jean Kerr


"An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy." ~ Rudyard Kipling


"My mother gets all mad at me if I stay in a hotel. I'm 31-years-old, and I don't want to sleep on a sleeping bag down in the basement. It's humiliating." ~ Ben Affleck


"I was a brownie for a day. My mom made me stop. She didn't want me to conform." ~ Sandra Bullock


"I think in a lot of ways unconditional love is a myth. My mom's the only reason I know it's a real thing." ~ Conor Oberst


"Once you're a mom, always a mom. It's like riding a bike, you never forget." ~ Taraji P. Henson


"My mom and dad gave their kids the greatest gift of all - the gift of unconditional love. They cared deeply about who we would be, and much less about what we would do." ~ Mitt Romney


"Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy." ~ Tina Fey


"It's a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful." ~ Roald Dahl


"There's no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one." ~ Jill Churchill


"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" ~ Milton Berle


"Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation." ~ Robert A. Heinlein


"To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow." ~ Maya Angelou


"The phrase 'working mother' is redundant." ~ Jane Sellman


"Love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark...to have been loved so deeply...will give us some protection forever." ~ J.K. Rowling


"My mother was the one constant in my life. When I think about my mom raising me alone when she was 20, and working and paying the bills, and, you know, trying to pursue your own dreams, I think is a feat that is unmatched." ~ Barack Obama


"My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind." ~ Michael Jordan


"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." ~ Oprah Winfrey


"It's not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it." ~ Dorothy on The Golden Girls


"Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me." ~ Lady Gaga


“If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” ~ Milton Berle


“A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after.” ~ Peter De Vries


“Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” ~ Unknown


● “All mothers are working mothers.” ~ Unknown


"The best way to keep children home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant --and let the air out of the tires." ~ Dorothy Parker


"My mother loved children ~ she would have given anything if I had been one." ~ Groucho Marx


"There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it." ~ Chinese Proverb


AUTHOR R. ANN SIRACUSA
Travel to Foreign Lands for Romance and Intrigue
Converting Oxygen to Carbon Dioxide For Over Four Fifths of a Century

No comments:

Share buttons