All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, October 24, 2019

What Supernatural Would You Choose?


WHAT SUPERNATURAL WOULD YOU CHOOSE?



Halloween is almost here – the time when thoughts turn to the supernatural. The way paranormal is exploding in popular culture - books, TV, movies – it seems the supernatural is in our thoughts year-round, and the trend for all things paranormal shows no signs of abating. I’ve heard it said that when times are hard, people gravitate to the supernatural as a means of escape. Or maybe the paranormal is so popular because anything otherworldly is just plain fun.

I love reading time travel romances, love books about beings who have magical powers, love shifter stories. I don’t much like anything to do with vampires, but that’s just me. Vampires have scared me since Bela Lugosi lured unsuspecting and “too stupid to live” people into that old castle. Vampire romances are still hugely popular.

My question today is: If you could have any magical power or be any supernatural being, what would you choose?

I’ve always wanted the powers of Samantha in the old TV show, “Bewitched.” I want to twitch my nose and have my whole house cleaned. Wow! Can you imagine that! I’d take it further. Whenever I wanted to change my wardrobe, I’d look at pictures of couture clothes, shoes and handbags, twitch the nose, and voila! A new wardrobe. Cool, huh? And shallow, but who cares?



Wouldn’t it be fun to be able to think something and make it happen? But there’d be a rule that you can’t hurt anyone. Imagine driving and some jerk cuts you off or runs a red light and almost plows into your car. Wouldn’t you love seeing the jerk’s wheels fall off his car when he pulls one of these stupid moves? And as a person with magic abilities, you could curse him that the minute he does something stupid any time while driving, the wheels would fall off his car. You could be a one-person avenger giving the jerks of the world what they deserve. But, remember, don’t hurt anyone. I know, my mind works in strange ways.

I wouldn’t mind being a sexy witch, one who can mix love potions. Now that would be fun. I’d be beautiful with long black hair. Instead of a black cat, I’d have a white one, just to be different.



 While I don’t read vampire stories, I do enjoy shifter stories and witch stories. One of my favorite series is the Mayfair witches from Anne Rice. Those are some darn scary witches. I plan to write my own witch romance someday, with a witch heroine who will have great powers, but she won’t be evil. However, she’ll be surrounded by evil beings.


Would you want to be a vampire? Think of all that power and immortality. Imagine drinking blood. Shivers. Or would you rather be a sexy witch who has the power to make men fall at your feet? Or a one-person avenger out to rid the world of jerks?

What supernatural being would you choose?



I’ve always been fascinated by ghosts and spirits so I’ve written a ghost story. Ghosts of Deveraux Manor, set in Normandy, France, is up for pre-order now. My husband and I took a river cruise from Paris through Normandy in 2016. It rained every day, and it was cold. And this was June! Normandy is beautiful but rainy, and it can be gloomy. It lends itself to Gothic romances or ghost stories.




Mayhem, Mystery, Murder, and Matchmaking Ghosts


When an American woman inherits a manor in France, she finds it comes with some unexpected accessories—matchmaking ghosts and a hunky ex-pat Brit who may or may not be a murderer.

Philadelphian Charlotte—Charli—Deveraux had no idea she had relatives in France until she receives notice she’s inherited a chateau in Normandy. Her art history degree has led to nothing but a soul-sucking bank job, so she takes leave, and, with her best friend, heads to France to check out the centuries-old manor. But her inheritance comes with more than she expected, including an enticing, maddening neighbor. She’d been betrayed by a man once. She’s not about to trust another one.

International art restorer and expat Brit, Travis Gardner, wants nothing to do with any woman named Deveraux. He’d been married to one. When his ex-wife was murdered, suspicion fell on him. Although he had a strong alibi and was cleared by the police, a cloud hangs over him. It doesn’t matter how sweet and wholesome Charli is, he’s on the hunt for the real killer. He doesn’t have time to help Charli find missing necklaces or the keys to a mysterious locked turret.

But a pair of matchmaking ghosts—and their equally ghostly cat—have other ideas. To get into the good graces of the Big Guy, they need to bring Charli and Travis together, and solve not only his ex-wife’s murder, but their own. In a village full of suspects, can Charli and Travis find the keys, the jewels, and the truth before they, too, become ghosts of Deveraux manor?

Special pre-order price











No comments:

Share buttons