All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Fall Is...

Copper Harbor, October 2019.
Fall is a bittersweet time of year for me. For the past eight years, at least one of my chicks has returned to school. It wasn't too bad when the girls were only a couple hours away.

But the man-child? He's EIGHT hours away!

Crazy, right?

Fortunately, I live in Michigan. When we drive from mid-Michigan up to nearly the northern-most point in the contiguous U.S.--we usually go sometime in October--the colors are GORGEOUS!

As matter of fact, they're inspirational.

(Ignore the overcast-ness. My son says they only had three days of sunshine during the 2018-2019 school year, so it's 'normal'.)

Lake Superior, early September 2019.
What's absolutely breathtaking is Lake Superior.

There have been gale-force winds over the past few weeks and THESE IMAGES came across my Facebook timeline. They're beautiful and scary and forceful--all wrapped up in a couple dozen images. The waves crashing against the cliffs sending foamy spray into the pine trees. Waves reaching 20-feet in height are common on the Big Lake.
Mackinaw Bridge, early September 2019.

I spend a lot of the road trip writing. Sometimes, I have a plan. I want to work on this or that. And other times, I let the landscape inspire me.

Are there things in nature that inspire you? What about sights in your state?

Share in the comments!

No comments:

Share buttons