All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, October 19, 2019

What a long, strange trip it's been....and other stories

Sharon Hamilton here, along with a convenient cowboy who has an incredibly small head.

I'm working on a new website design and, although I'm happy with the emerging results, it's taking far too much time away from writing.

But I have to remember that if I don't spend the time now, I'll be frustrated in the long run. Getting everything perfect, especially with a new designer involved, is tricky. Not impossible, but tricky.

I know this because I've consumed more wine and beer lately than I normally have. And tonight, I managed to have 2 cocktails. I got my models and books all mixed up until I couldn't tell what I was mashing together. I needed a Calgon moment.

If you hear a giant screeching of brakes, it's from this huge machine of a writing career taking a sudden turn to the side. Oh yes, I'm smarter than to say left or right in this day and age! What I'm saying is that I'm taking a detour. I'm writing a {{shock}} paranormal, not a SEAL book, coming out this December. And it's in my long-overdue and most often requested Golden Vampires of Tuscany series.

This is Book 4 in this series, and it will pretty much wrap up a lot of things, but I do plan to write more. Just not until I get a few new SEAL adventures under my belt.

Here's the book trailer for Book 1, Honeymoon Bite, which, by the way, won several contests as the best first paragraph for a novel. I loved it!

Honeymoon Bite Book Trailer

Midnight Bite continues the tale of Lionel Jett and Phoebe Monteleone. Lionel is a 300-year-old Dark Coven vampire, and virgin Phoebe is the 19-year-old spitting image of her many times great grandmother, Maria Monteleone, with whom Lionel had forbidden love for. Both women are from the Golden Vampire clan--a breed who can live in the light of day (and they don't sparkle), and don't turn immortal until they reach puberty, and only then by choice. Maria chose to remain mortal and never took the turning. Phoebe must make that choice very soon. But one of the huge world rules is that the two species must never mate.

And therein lies the problem, because Lionel thinks he might be fated to this lovely young thing who is definitely hands off.

Here's the blurb:


He’s taken a vow to remain unmarried
out of loyalty and duty to the Monteleone Clan of Golden Vampires. Although a member of the immortal Dark Coven Vampires, Lionel Jett was not celibate. In fact, he’s harbored a forbidden, secret love for the matriarch of the Golden Clan, who died in his arms three centuries past.

Maria Monteleone’s many times great granddaughter, Phoebe, enchants him at the wedding of her cousin, and, as she dances by the bonfire, his forbidden obsession roars back to life.

And then sweet Phoebe, only nineteen years of age, claims him for her personal bodyguard…demanding the family allow him as her husband of convenience.

She taunts and lures him until he finds he can no longer resist, forcing him to cross boundaries that could mean their death. In her thirst to be made his woman she refuses to see the danger she’ll bring upon their union.

Under the skies of California Wine Country comes this vampiric tale of a three-hundred-year-old love story like Romeo and Juliet, as two star-crossed lovers break all the rules, while the Dark and Golden Vampire wars loom. Under the burden of a centuries-old prophecy in the newly-discovered Book of Spawn, either a miracle or a tragedy will be born.

For Lionel must sacrifice himself to protect her to the bitter end and Phoebe will have her Romeo, no matter the cost.

I'm thrilled beyond belief to be writing this wonderful love story. 

Yes, a love story, as grand as Romeo and Juliet, not on Valentine's Day, but right after Halloween. It's a story with a Christmas message too, the tale of a Dark Coven vamp fascinated with Christian artifacts and things mortals believe in. He choses to wed in a chapel in Tuscany previously banned to those of his kind. There's redemption, loyalty, honor, and of course,



LOVE!

No comments:

Share buttons