All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, January 17, 2019

What if... I blog, therefore... I am? #BloggingChallenge #2019 #blogging #Resolutions #Authors #Fiction #Challenge


We've all heard the famous quote by Rene Descartes, right? 
I think; therefore I am.


But have you ever thought of what he meant? I know I hadn't really, at least not until I wrote this blog post. 

I mean, sure... I knew the jest. I had a general sense of what he meant and where he was going with his thought process. But, again, I never gave it a lot of deep thought and consideration. 

For those who aren't familiar with Rene Descartes, he was a French philosopher, mathematician, and scientist. Basically, he was wayyyyyyyy smarter than me. LOL 

It is said that his thought process was that by saying, "I think; therefore I am." was meant to mean, 
that he could not - or rather, should not - be doubted. In fact, it is said that he found that he could not doubt that he himself existed, as he was the one doing the doubting in the first place. 

Make sense? 

Good. Me neither. *whew*

Maybe that's what makes him a philosopher and me just some random gal living in 2019. 

In Latin (the language in which Descartes wrote his famous quote), the phrase is translated to “Cogito, ergo sum.” 

Now, being a fan of Latin, finding it to be a romantic language that sounds much more exciting than my native tongue, I love the way it sounds. But, again... what does he mean? Does he, in fact, mean that he cannot be doubted because it was he himself who first doubted himself? Or was it his way of asking others to not doubt him, because how can we really believe anything is real? 

What does all this mean, though? And why on earth am I writing about it? 

Well, it got me to thinking... as authors, we have so much to do. We plot. We write. We edit. We interact with the public. We promote. We try to keep current with the times by finding out what is the latest and greatest in terms of social media. We even... blog. 

Yes, that's right. Blogging is an integral part of writing. That is if you hope to reach an audience. But, should that be all it's about? It can be... if you allow it to. You see, that's where I went wrong. I lost sight of the job that comes along with the written word and forgot about all the good things that come along with those jobs. 

Blogging could be, should be, and can be again, a rewarding experience. Even cathartic. As writers, what is the one thing we love? Well... words! We love words! All sorts of them. Of varying lengths, meanings, and purposes. 

Words give us life. Our stories breath. Our characters soul

Words are... a part of us. 

So... it's a new year. And 2019 could be any other year, no different from another. 
But, what if it's not. 
What if we make it something more? 
What if we make it the year of words. 
Written words. Spoken words. Thoughtful words. 
What if we made blogging a part of our world of words? And what if... hear me out... what if we stuck to this 'resolution' and made it a part of a bigger movement? 
What if we made it a group effort? 
What if we wrote for nothing more than the joy of the written word? 

Would that then mean that we blog... therefore, we are




Wouldn't that be an amazing thing? 

Let's blog! 

Let's blog often, with meaning, and with passion.

So... Who's with me? 

2019 is the year... to blog! 


BECOME A PART OF THE 2019 BLOGGING CHALLENGE

Would you like to blog with Romance Books 4 Us

Contact me by leaving a comment below so we can set you up with a guest slot! 

Nicole Morgan is an author of erotic romance novels, which more often than not have a suspenseful back story. Erotic romance mixed with good old-fashioned whodunit. While she's written everything from contemporary to paranormal her leading men will more than likely be wearing a uniform of some kind. From military to police officers, she has a love for writing about those who protect and serve. From her very first novel about Navy SEALs to her more recent releases, you will be sure to find a few twists and turns you were not expecting.

She is a proud member of the Romance Books 4 Us Gold Authors and also the founder of Romance Collections.  


Don't forget.... Enter the Romance Books 4 Us Monthly Contest HERE 

No comments:

Share buttons