All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Friday, June 8, 2018

#Guestauthor #newrelease Claiming the Highlander: a Medieval Highlander #Romance by @MageelaTroche #RB4U #authorinterview





Welcome to Romance Books 4 Us, a place for all romance and all genres. We’re very happy to have you here with us today. 

First, tell us a little bit about yourself…

I’m an Air Force used to moving about and who now finds herself in New York City. When I first arrived, I hate this place but I learned to love living here in the Big Apple. I spend most of my days either writing or reading and caring for my very demanding lovebird Boobula. He doesn’t like when I’m sitting at my computer.

What or who initially inspired you to become a writer?

I have always concocted stories in my head and wanted to be a writer but I was too scared to chase that dream when I went to college. But then I had a tragedy in my life and the plans I made for it ended so I decided to chase my dream no matter what. 


What kind of research do you do for a novel and how extensive do you get?

I love research. And since I write historical romance, I really get to indulge in that. I must say that I do extensive research though most of it doesn’t end up in the novels. I like to get an understand and feel for the time period—Medieval Scotland right now.


When do you write?  Early morning? During the day sometime or all day?  After the kids go to bed?

I write all day long. I take breaks and do other stuff such as play Candy Crush Saga or fool around Pinterest (my favorite social media) or spend time with my 4-years-old nephews and the only man in my life.

Is there any other genre that you would love to try writing?  If so, what is it?
I would like to do mystery but I’m always pulled back to romance. One day perhaps…

Do you ever see yourself as the heroine/hero or find yourself relating to them when you write a story?
Oh yes, I always put a little bit of myself in them usually their fears or flaws. My writing has helped me deal with a few issues. 


Do you have a special place you like to do your writing? Such as an office, a spare room, the dining room table, your couch?

I have my desk in the corner of my cramped apartment. That is good place for me when I have to buckle down. But I usually write in bed propped up with pillows and surrounded by my notes and research.

As a reader, what types of genres do you enjoy? And do you think they influence the genre/genres you write in?

I love my historical of course but in truth, I love to read all different romance novels. I especially love a book that has me laughing and emotionally fulfilled. I think all the genres influence me. They always help me get my ideas stirring. 


Where can our readers find you?  




Is there an upcoming or current release you would like to
 share with us today and where can we find it? 

My new release is :

Claiming the Highlander. A Medieval Highlander Romance novel.

First came marriage...will love come next? 

As children, stoic Caelan MacKenzie married feisty Brenna Grant for a parcel of land and an Earldom. Then the child bride and groom went their separation ways.

Years later, Caelan is the feared Viking Highlander, a great warrior. His father lies on his death bed and now Caelan must return home to take his place as the Chief of Clan MacKenzie. Time has come for him to face his past and the secret he has carried. Some believe him unworthy to lead.

All but his wife—Brenna knows the true man that he is from the letters they had been exchanging since childhood. Now at Castle MacKenzie  anticipates her husband's return.  Brenna must use her influence to protect the Grant clan or have her life destroy. And that she refuses to happen.

From the Scottish Highland shores to the rugged glens, the alpha male and his brave heroine must battle against outside forces to save their wedded life even as they succumb to their sensual desire.

Can they save all they hold dear including their growing love? Or will they be defeat and betrayed?


Buy Link




1 comment:

artlover said...

Love Highlander stories....this one sounds unusually good.

Share buttons