All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Monday, October 9, 2017

Random Questions #melissa_keir #RB4U

Random Questions

Hello and welcome back to another engaging post where I share the strange and often silly things going on in my mind. This month, I want to talk about Surveys and Questions.


If you have been a friend of mine on Facebook, you might have noticed that I've been asking some random questions. For example, I've wondered what my friends' favorite coffee is or what their favorite season is. I've also inquired about their perfect temperature and favorite pie. All of these seem like silly questions and have prompted some people to ask me if I'm secretly working for a marketing research group or if I'm gathering data to use against them. 



The short answer is no. In fact, I often delete these questions a few days or a week after it's asked. So if I'm not working secretly for the government, why am I asking such random questions?


One reason is that I enjoy talking to people and finding out what they like and don't like. My friends are very caring and like to share their thoughts with me. We've shared recipes and promotion ideas. We've even talked about our husbands, children and siblings. By sharing information, we become closer.




The second reason builds upon my previous one--becoming closer. Often we feel we are the only one who had experienced something--a debilitating fear, a spider crawling across us in bed, or a struggle to lose those extra pounds. We are so hard on ourselves but very supportive of others. When we share about ourselves, we learn we aren't the only ones. We receive support from other people and we in turn become closer--maybe even letting go of those fears or easing the struggles. And isn't that a wonderful thing in a global world? I see strangers as more alike than different and more caring than mean.


Finally, the last reason is it increases my own visibility on Facebook. Vicki has her handbags and Jennifer has her recipes. Other friends have their amazing hair styles or fun, exciting jobs and hobbies. But what do I have? What will make people visit with me?

Oh. I'm caring and kind. I love to watch and review movies. And I always believe in a happy ending (even if I have to write my own!). But I'm not unique in those things. But through my questions, I can bring others to me and my page where they can find Vicki's handbags, Jennifer's recipes and most importantly-- all my friends (and my own) books.




So if you are looking for a fun place where other people stop by and chat about silly things like hometowns, nicknames, or even favorite colors....be sure to friend me on Facebook and stop by once in a while!



Psst... I also do have a wonderful story about dreams coming true. Check out Redeeming Dreams in the box set, Cowboy Ever After. Only $0.99 on Amazon or free with Kindle Unlimited.



Thank you and until next time....

Sincerely yours,

Melissa Keir
www.melissakeir.com
FACEBOOK (page)


8 comments:

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

LOL. I do have my handbags!! And I enjoy sharing mine and everyone's. I do like random questions too. How else are we going to know about each other. I still don't like coffee, though. Hugs to you.

Melissa Keir said...

Thanks Vicki. I'm working in my own way to bring awareness to the world around me and of course my own books! I'm always excited when friends stop by and comment. I feel a little closer.

Renee Vincent said...

Great blog Melissa. And geat "click bait" title. Because of it, I came straight here to find out the scoop. haha

I used to do so much of that stuff (but then life happened and I post every now and again.) I really need to get back to that.
Thanks for motivating me in some way! Best of luck to you and your cowboy release sweetie!!

Melissa Keir said...

Thank you Renee. FB does take a lot of time, esp. when you get sucked in. I'll be looking to see what you post on your page!

Paris said...

I'm afraid I've been very neglectful when it comes to interacting on FB, but I always enjoy your questions, even if I haven't answered that many. I promise to do more than browse in the future! Good luck with your cowboy story!

Melissa Keir said...

Thank you Paris. I think the questions are fun. I've learned most people like it about 60-70 degrees outside and most people do drink coffee. :)

jean hart stewart said...

Looks like I should up my presence on Facebook...I read it a lot but don't offer much of my own.. I'll try to do better....

Melissa Keir said...

Thanks Jean. We do enjoy talking and connecting on FB. It allows us to find things in common. :)

Share buttons