All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Monday, March 27, 2017

Cats by Janice Seagraves

Photo purchased from fotolia


Cats seem to find their way into my stories.

In Windswept Shores Two, Megan is finally home but finds out her philandering husband has gotten rid of everything of hers, including her cat.

In Werecat Love (no longer available), the main character is a cat shifter.

In Matrix Crystal River, the heroine bonds with a shadow cat she names Fluffy. (The name of the  kitten I had as a child.)

In Alien Heart, the Arcons living Goddess is a cat. The Egyptian Cat Goddess Bast (Basset) to be precise.


And the funny thing is, I'm not really all that partial to cats. I'm more of a dog person.

Don't get me wrong, I do like cats and we have a cat named Freya.

photo taken by Janice Seagraves



Jared in Werecat love was inspired by my cat Baron. I miss him.

Photo taken by Janice Seagraves


And, I'm not seeing any end in sight for my fascination with thrusting cats into my stories, novels, and romances. Which is good news if you're a cat lover and enjoying reading about my felines. 

Currently I'm planing on republishing Werecat Love with the second story, which is much too long now to add to the anthology I was intending it for.

The second story called Year of the Cat, start off the following day after Werecat Love ends.

Here's an unedited excerpt:





Jared found the plates and set the table. He also brought over glasses and filled them with milk. They dished out the food and dug in, but Jared only picked at his meal.
Morgan frowned. “I ordered you fish and shrimp Chow Mein. I thought being a werecat you’d love it.”
“I do.” He speared a shrimp with his fork and slowly ate it.
“That was for show.” She pointed her chopsticks at him. “What’s with you?”
“Nothin’.” He picked up his glass and drank. Over the rim of his glass his gaze locked on to hers, she scowled, and he rolled his eyes.
“What?”
He sat his empty glass with a thunk. “I’ve been challenged.”
~*~

Look for Year of the Cat sometime this year (2017)






9 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

I love animals and children in stories. We have two dogs and a cat. :)

duointherain said...

I love kitties. I also have pets in my stories. I wish I could show you a pic of her.

Max

Tina Donahue said...

I love cats. They are so perfect. Give them food, water and a litter box and they're good to go. They don't give affection easily, but when they do - wow - it's heaven. :) I've featured cats in my stories.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Melissa, They can be easy to write. Dog and cat just walk in and there you are.

Hi Max, Nice to see you here. Post it on FB I'll see it.

Hi Tina, Aren't cats great? I think they're perfect for most books.

Janice~

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Hi,

Cats have figured in several of my romantic short stories but not in my novels. I think they fit purrectly though in novels as well.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Jacqueline, Cats do seem to work well in romance and fiction of all genre.

Paris said...

I'm also more of a dog person but I do love cats. We had an old barn cat on the farm and he was my shadow, most of the time. I still miss him. I loved Werecat Love and am so happy you're continuing the story!

Charmaine Gordon said...

Four cats here and all because daughter rescued two big dogs and called for help. So now we have a circus of cuties. I've written several stories with Therapy dogs playing big parts but one book suddenly adopted an abandoned Persian and there I was with a beautiful loud purring cat. Thanks for this lovely post.

The excerpt is so fine.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Paris, Thank you. Yeah, Jared took my imagination and ran with it.

Hi Charmaine, Thank you so much. :)

My daughter's volunteer work at the Shelter is how I ended up with my Pomeranian Dinky. Don't regret it one bit.

Share buttons