All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, November 24, 2016

My Thanksgiving List



            It’s my turn to blog on Thanksgiving Day. We’re all busy, but each of us should take time out of our day to think about what we’re thankful for, especially in these dark times throughout the world.

            Here’s what I’m thankful for:

            My husband and son are the loves of my life, and I thank God every day for giving them to me. I may argue with my husband, I may worry about my son and wish he’d settle down with a good woman. My son lives 2,500 miles away and I miss him. He’s gainfully employed and owns his house, so I’m grateful for that. Through it all, we love each other and we’re here for each other.

            I’m thankful for the roof over our heads and the food on our table. I pray for those fellow Americans who are suffering - those out of work, without enough food for their families, no shelter. Please keep them in your prayers today.

            I’m thankful my grandparents (all four of them) left Italy to begin a new life in the United States early in the twentieth century. We’re a nation of immigrants and I’m proud of my immigrant heritage. Although my grandparents, like most of those from Southern and Eastern Europe, faced discrimination in this country at the turn of the last century, they left behind lives of poverty and hardship to give their descendants a chance at a better life. My grandparents prevailed. They worked hard and raised their families. The United States afforded my parents, me, my siblings, my cousins opportunities we wouldn’t have had anywhere else. Thank you, Grandparents.

            I’m thankful I get to do something I love – write romance stories. And I’m doubly thankful for those readers who buy my books. Thank you, readers.

            
           
           



5 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Your post reminded me about the way life was for so many of our families. There weren't any "safe places" but they persevered. They worked hard and lived lives which have built our foundations. I hope your family and friends all have a wonderful holiday!

Cara Marsi said...

Thanks, Melissa. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Tina Donahue said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Cara! And to the entire RB4U family! :)

Cara Marsi said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Tina, and to the entire RB4U family!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you have good stories to share about your grandparents. Its important for the young people in our families to know them. Hugs.

Share buttons