All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, June 9, 2016

A World At Your Fingertips #RB4U #Amazon #Kindleworld


A World At Your Fingertips

Hello and welcome to your monthly visit by me, Melissa Keir. I usually drop in (but try not to drop a house on anyone) and share some insightful or entertaining posts. 




Today, I'm here to share with you some insight into a whole new world. You've fallen in love with your favorite video game world, movie location or the hunky character from your "Must Watch" Thursday night show. You wish you could be a part of their lives or even think you know more about them than the current author, screenwriter or their #1 fan. So you write a spin off, a piece of fan fiction where Hamlet doesn't die but finds happiness with a cute slightly older woman who can make him "be"-have. :)

Now rather than writing your story and printing out copies to give to all your friends, or emailing your brother's, sister's, hairdresser's best friend the book/manuscript/screenplay...you have another option. Amazon has Kindle Worlds!  In the Kindle World, you can write your fan fiction according to the world bible and even get paid for your story!


Yes, you heard me right...write! The Amazon Kindle World is the hottest thing since sliced bread. Groups of authors are coming together and are sharing a common world or common characters, telling unique stories in a variety of genres and time periods. I was recently asked to be a part of a new Kindle World that launches in July based on the books by Kaira Rouda... based in her Laguna Nights series.

My novella is titled... One Night in Laguna and will feature secondary characters from my book A Chalkboard Romance. I'm sharing my new cover with you, exclusively....


One Night in Laguna by Melissa Keir

Schoolteacher, Melanie Whitman’s dating life is in shambles when her boyfriend and former boss dumps her. Her best friend arranges for Master Draikoh San, matchmaker extraordinaire, to provide her with a night to remember.

Breakout star of the third season of the reality TV show Laguna Nights Cole Hayes was burned by the limelight and started a family. After a messy divorce and looking to move back into the dating scene, he agrees to a one-night stand.

Can Cole and Melanie create a relationship that will last a lifetime, or will their one-night stand crash in the waves of Laguna Beach?

Sounds fun, right? Now you will have to tune in to my website or facebook to find out when this whole new world begins! 

Until next month, my friends.... Find your own Happily Ever After.....    Melissa xoxo


To find out more about Kindle Worlds, check it out here...... https://kindleworlds.amazon.com/

8 comments:

Cara Marsi said...

Melissa, One Night in Laguna sounds wonderful. I know next to nothing about Kindle Worlds. Thanks for the info. Best of luck to you.

Tina Donahue said...

I love your cover, Melissa! Kindle World is great. I'm in Desiree Holt's Omega Team series. Can't wait till August for my release. The internet is an awesome tool. :)

Judy Baker said...

Thanks for the tip on Kindle Worlds. Best of luck in July...

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

How exciting for you, Melissa! The cover is beautiful, too. Many congratulations!

Melissa Keir said...

Thank you everyone! :) I'm very excited to see how this new adventure plays out.

Paris said...

How exciting! I've heard of Kindle Worlds but didn't know much about it. Best of luck with the new story:)

jean hart stewart said...

What fun! I live about an hour from Laguna...Certainly gotta read this one.

Melissa Keir said...

Thank you Jean. I do hope you enjoy it!

Share buttons