All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving Is Over, Next Comes Christmas


 
Okay, Thanksgiving is over, and I'm not feeling like writing a blog, but I have to write blogs for Saturday and Sunday.  Why don't I feel like writing a blog; it's because I'm stuffed like the famous Christmas goose.   After two big dinners, one the night before Thanksgiving and one the day of Thanksgiving I may not eat for the rest of the week. 

On Wednesday night, we took our youngest son and daughter-in-law out for a buffet dinner lots of  delectable goodies.  Then on Thanksgiving day, we met our oldest son (he had to work on Friday and the rest of his family was in Wisconsin) for dinner along with my brother and a good friend to stuff ourselves some more.  We had a good time, but I'm not hungry for any more food for a long time. 

All of our family have so many things to be thankful for.  Everyone has a job, a home, food, decent health and plenty of all the things we need to be comfortable in life.  We are truly blessed, and I'm truly thankful for our blessings.

Is anyone in the mood for Christmas shopping?  Did anyone go shopping on black Friday?  Oh, you poor souls that did black Friday you have my sympathy.  I did black Friday once years ago and swore I would never do it again. 

Even if I'm not in the mood for shopping, I'm in the mood for baking.  This is something I like to do for the neighbors, friends and family.  I used to take in huge roasters of goodies to the people I worked with, but I'm retired now. 

We like to adopt a family during the holidays, and it's much more fun to shop for them than our family.  Although, we have a couple of grandchildren who are married with children that need a little more help this year.  They are still fortunate because we can help, and so can their parents.

Well, I've rambled enough, so I'm going to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, since I won't be back until December 29th.
 

Happy Holidays!

8 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Hope you had great Thanksgiving, Sandy. Nope, I'm not ready for Xmas shopping. Not yet. :)

Judy Baker said...

What a lovely thing it is when one can say they are blessed. I too am blessed with a wonderful family, friends and love ones to enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Christmas.

Melissa Keir said...

Indeed many blessings Sandy! We are doing our second Thanksgiving dinner today. I'm sure to be stuffed and come home with leftovers to last the week. I did have enough ham and turkey by yesterday, so I got a pizza. You can't go wrong with one!

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas...

jean hart stewart said...

We went out to dinner for the first time this year. I must say I'll never cook that big turkey dinner again. No mess to clean up and wonderful food, with plenty of leftovers for another meal.And I too am unusually blessed, so had lots to be thankful for.

Kari Rogers Miller said...

Hi Sandy...we adopt a family too and it is so rewarding because all the kids and grandkids have more than enough children toys and adult toys. These days when one needs something ...they go out and buy it. I am guilty too.
We had two Thanksgivings too...one for families who had no one in Florida! They loved the special attention we gave them in our home.
NO I DID NOT SHOP ON BLACK FRIDAY or Thanksgiving day for that matter. I always shop on line anyway...I don't like big crowds and I certainly don't like it when the news shows people fighting over a sale item. It is just not worth it in my opinion.
Have a wonderful Holiday time....we are putting up all our trees today. This year, the Captain said we were bringing in help so I don't have to climb the ladders to reach the top of the 12 and 9 foot trees! That is Christmas present enough for me. :)

Paris said...

I think I'm still stuffed from Thanksgiving, also. I didn't make quite as much as I usually do and sent most of it home with the kids. Christmas shopping? I'm not in the mood yet but I may do most of it online. I avoid Black Friday like the plague!

Sandy said...

Tina, I'm never ready to shop. I'm like a man when it comes to shopping. I go what I'm after and get out. lol We did have a great Thanksgiving!

Thank you, Judy. Yes, we are blessed with family and friends, too. I will be cooking Christmas dinner, which I haven't done for a couple of years.

Sandy said...

LOL Melissa, you can only stand so many leftovers. Enjoy the pizza! Grin! Sounds good to me.

Jean, I'm glad you are blessed, too. I won't cook turkey again either.

Kari, you're so blessed to have the Captain.

Paris, that's what I do with leftover food; send it home with the kids, my brother and grandkids, which is what I'll do at Christmas.

Share buttons