All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What Makes Me a Raving Maniac?


Author, Sandra K. Marshall,  is certifiable.  Now, you ask what can do that to a normally strong woman.  lol  Technology is the answer.  I'm a published author and all I want to do is write.  Instead, I'm having to learn new technology and promote my latest short story. 

Here's the new technology that has me raving.  It's Microsoft 8.1.  Actually, I'm going to say it's not as difficult as I'm making it out, but it is irritating to have your computer crash and buy a new one to find out everything you are familiar with isn't on the new one.

First, I will say if I had a smart phone, or at least knew how to use one I would have figured some of this stuff out faster.  Also, it would be nice if Microsoft provided a manual for their new 8.1, and then you wouldn't have to learn by experimenting. 

One of the big things that irritated me is copying stuff and trying to paste into my old word processor (2003).  I finally figured I have to copy and paste into notepad, and then I can paste into my Word.  However, that isn't exactly easy either because wherever I'm coping from I have to right click to copy and then go to notepad and right click to paste.  I right click again in notepad, go to Word and go to edit to paste.  Simple, right?  Yes it is, if you knew that was how it's done in the first place.  Okay, I will admit after many tries Microsoft finally popped up and gave me the solution.  Why didn't they give it to me the first time?

Another thing I don't like that Microsoft has done is they have changed Windows Mail, but I'm sure some people like it even better, but I'm not one of them.  Microsoft wants you to have a password for every app you use.  I have three pages of passwords already, please give me a break.  Oh, I know it is for my own safety.  Grrr!  It just doesn't make me like it.  Frankly, I could have done without most of those apps, but everything has an app these days. 

Okay, enough of my ranting.  Yes, I will learn this new technology in time.  It will just take me longer to learn everything than when I was young.  Believe it or not, I was a quick learner at one time.  lol   One more thing, don't get too comfortable with 8.1 because I hear 9 is coming.  Grin!  Doesn't that just make your day?

Moving on to some promo.  Something else, I don't like to do, but has to be done.  My short story, All Bets Are Off, came out in audio during this mess.  Here is the link for it if you prefer to listen to your stories rather than read them. 

 


 
Can a recovering gambling addict bet on a second chance at love?

Ana Torres has dug her self out of her gambling debts and started a business to help others with the same problem.  Now, she wants to show her soul mate she has changed and win him back. 

Jason Gibbs meets his wife at a party and realizes he still loves her even after all she cost him with her gambling addiction.  He wants to find out if she has changed, and if she has, he will woo her back. 
 
Thanks for listening to me rant today.  If you have some suggestions, or a rant of your own, I'm willing to listen, so leave your comments. 

 

9 comments:

Judy Baker said...

Sometimes I find it help to rant a little and then move on. I've been in your shoes and did my own ranting. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy said...

Thanks for the comment, Judy. I'm moving on. Smile!

Tina Donahue said...

You're not alone, Sandy. I absolutely HATE it when Microsoft comes out with an upgrade to Word. Nothing is in the same place it used to be. I have to search for stuff, which takes so much unnecessary time. Ugh.

It's like going to the grocery store and suddenly everything's been changed and nothing is marked, forcing you to go up and down each aisle searching.

It shouldn't have to be this hard.

Sandy said...

Thank you, Tina. I'm glad I'm not alone. lol This has been a painful process. Sandy shakes head.

Melissa Keir said...

I agree with Tina. Everything changes all the time and we have to figure out a new way of doing things.

I'm glad you are marshalling on. :) I love the new book and cover! All the best!

Paris said...

Ranting about Microsoft is becoming the norm. I don't know anyone who has been thrilled with 8. I'm still plugging along with 7 and will be as long as my computers hold out and fingers crossed, that will be a very long time from now. I don't think it's necessarily that it's more difficult, I think the time involved to learn a new process is just plain aggravating and wastes time better spent on writing:)

jean hart stewart said...

Hate learning a lot of new stuff. I'm computer challenged to start out with and Microsoft is out to get me, as far as I'm concerned. Grrrrrrr!

Cara Marsi said...

Sandy, I know exactly what you mean about learning new technology, especially when it comes to Microsoft. I dread the day when my computer goes and I need to get a new version of Microsoft and a new version of Word. Right now, I use Word 2003 and I'm used to it. It takes me awhile to learn the new stuff.
Your story sounds terrific, and I love your covers.

Sandy said...

Thanks, Melissa. It's just a pain. lol

Yeah, Paris, that's what it is; aggravating.

LOL I couldn't agree more Jean.

Cara, I'm still using the 2003 version of word, too. I bought it, and I just keep reinstalling it with every new computer I get. lol

Share buttons