All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Monday, April 1, 2013

When a Series just won't End with Nicole Morgan


Welcome to Romance Books 4 Us everyone. I'm your tour guide for the day, Nicole Morgan and I'd like to talk to you about a situation I've gotten myself into. A bit of a pickle you might say. Oh, I know, there in lies tons of euphemisms, right?  LOL. Seriously though, I'd love everyone's feed back on this so comments would be so very appreciated. Now, go ahead and kick your shoes off, sit back, relax and enjoy!
In 2009 I began penning my very first book, Sweet Redemption [Sweet Awakenings 1]. It tells the story of Jack, a former Navy SEAL dealing with a few demons after his life on the teams. Then, because I'm my own worst enemy and love a good challenge, I finished that book with a bit of a hook at the end. Thus Sweet Salvation [Sweet Awakenings 2] was born. This time it was the story of Rex, Jack's former SEAL teammate who has his own obstacles to overcome if he's going to save the woman that he loves. But once again, when I wrapped up this baby, I couldn't help but tell Adam's story, also known as, Sweet Vengeance [Sweet Awakenings 3], Being the most abrasive of the SEAL bunch, Adam's story was a bit different and surprised the readers. But not to worry, I had some unfinished business from all three books which came to a head in Nick's story. Which brings us to, Sweet Affliction [Sweet Awakenings 4].  This was the story that tied up all those loose ends into one neat and tidy happy ending for all of my scrumpdelieicious SEALs. 



Or so I thought it was the end, because as of late, both my muse and my readers have protested such a thought. So here I am pondering revamping the series in an entirely different direction. You see, the four heroes of these books make friends with a couple of local cops. Andrew is married to the lovely Amanda and there is definitely a hot and steamy story to be told there, but most importantly the one character that I and lots of my readers have come back to is Cullen, Jr. He doesn't fit the stereotype for the classic cover model hero. He has a great body, and works hard at it, but he's Irish with red hair and freckles to boot. But, his charisma...oy vey, he could charm the pants off of a catholic school girl. 

This all brings me to my predicament. I truly believe that the "Sweet" series has ended. Plus, when I think of those books, I think of my SEALs. But, the characters within these stories need to have their stories told also. They really really do! *winks* And they're not SEALs, they're officers of the law. The sexy kind! Hehehe... So, my question is, do I let the "Sweet" Series die and start a whole new theme, just crossed over from the previous? Or do I stick with the "Sweet" theme? 

Oh... decisions...decisions... HELP!!


Nicole Morgan is an author of erotic romance novels, which more often than not have a suspenseful back story. Erotic romance mixed with good old-fashioned whodunit. While she's written everything from contemporary to paranormal her leading men will more than likely be wearing a uniform of some kind. From military to police officers, she has a love for writing about those who protect and serve. From her very first novel (which turned into a four book series) about Navy SEALs to her more recent releases you will be sure to find a few twists and turns you were not expecting.

She also has a recurring monthly column in Book & Trailer Showcase's eMagazine, and is a proud member of the Romance Books 4 Us Gold Authors. 

Find out more about Nicole and her books by visiting her websiteblogGoogle + PageTwitterFacebook and her Yahoo Group, Nicole’s Think Tank.
Until next month my lovies ~ Nicole 


8 comments:

Janice Seagraves said...

I vote that you start something new, or do a crossover story line.

Good luck with your books. They sound great!

Janice~

Cara Marsi said...

I agree with Janice. Do the stories using the characters from the Sweet series, but give the series a whole new name. All the Sweet stories sound terrific.

Sandy said...

Nicole, your stories sound great, but I would do a crossover story line.

jean hart stewart said...

Definitely a crossover and then you can write more freely...at least in my opinion...But whatever, keep going, girl

Nicole Morgan said...

Thanks, Janice, Cara, Sandy and Jean. I think I'll be taking your advice. :)

Anonymous said...

Start a new series and let it be known, on the cover, back blurb, etc., that this new one is written by the author who brought you the very hot Sweet series. Your fans will love it!

Melissa Keir said...

Sounds like you have your answer and it is perfect. You can still tie into the old series. After all if Sherilyn Kenyon can do it, you can too!

Rock on lady!

Dawn said...

I think you should continue it. Somehow SWEET must be in the title ~ let’s face it Nicole those SEAL’s won’t let anything happen to either of these guys and they will be there even without invitation so you might as well include them ~ they can be bossy. Not to mention that Andrew and Cullen only exist because of the Sweet series and if people want the history of these guys they need to read all the books (in order).

Share buttons