All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Happy Holidays!


We usually kick off the Christmas season by putting up at least a few decorations after Thanksgiving but I’m a little behind this year. Which is kind of odd since this is the first time in a couple of years that I’m not rushing toward a deadline or anything else.
Last November, after realizing I’d spent the last ten years trying to stay relevant in a business that changes daily, I decided to take the holidays off. No writing, nada, zip. I shopped; I cleaned and cooked like I was inviting a platoon to dinner and ended up sending most of it home with the kids. If something didn’t work out as planned, I didn’t stress, I adapted and wonder of wonders; the world didn’t end.
Two months stretched well into 2019 and during that time closets were cleaned, some healthier recipes were tried and I started taking nature walks with hubby. No, the pounds didn’t melt off and I didn’t have any profound revelations but I did find myself laughing a whole lot more. We added a twice weekly yoga class this past September and I have to say my energy levels have improved and so has my attitude.
I have to admit that as a former workaholic, I had let the well run dry and in order to fill it up again, I had to change my ways, which meant along with the new routines, taking some much needed time for a little introspection.
The process has taken a little longer than I’d anticipated but I’m writing again, and reading some old favorites and finding new ones. In short, I’ve rediscovered my passion for the pure joy of storytelling. These days I’m juggling a few old projects and a couple of new ones, and definitely looking forward to the upcoming year.
Wishing you all the best; I hope you enjoy peace, love and a joyous holiday season.


Love,
Paris

No comments:

Share buttons