All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Writing Dark Sci Fi - With a Friend


I've known the fabulous Kallista Dane for a few years, and am one of her editors, but last winter she asked me if I'd like to write a little something with her. Beyond honored, I of course said yes and for the past eight months have been writing the Centauri Captives series.

I've done world bilding on my own before, but it's amazing to connect with another author who can finish my sentences. Literally. Our vision for the Arythian warriors, cut adrift in space after their planet was destroyed by evil villains has been such a match. Science fiction romance has always been one of my favorite genres, and I  gobble the stories of authors like Cara Bristol and Renee Rose, so it's an extra pleasure to be able to spend time in a world of our own.

This month we have a free book as well! There is a newsletter signup but you won't be spammed, promise.  Here is the link for His Captive Bride. It's a follow up to His Captive Human, catching up with the characters of Jess and Mantsk and it made me cry...twice. Anyway, enjoy! https://dl.bookfunnel.com/po884xa4bg

The series to date is available for purchase here.

I hope you're having a fabulous summer, and not getting too overheated. We still have a few months of hot here in SoCal, if it goes as usual, so lots more time to BBQ and leave all the windows open and have a good reason not to turn the oven on. 

And in that spirit, one of our favorite summer meals is chili dogs! When the weather is cool, I make chili a lot and always freeze some for later. It's fast and easy and I usually manage to get the fam to eat a veggie with it, but they have no idea how many are already in that chili. Sneaky/effective! I like to add zucchini and carrots, sometimes green beans, sweet potato is amazin in chili, too. And of course corn that I can't hide bu they don't mind at all. 

Do you have a favorite summer meal? I'd love to hear it in the comments.
Have a great August, and chat with you in September!

1 comment:

Janice Seagraves said...

I love barbeques. My husband has finally learned to barbeque and cooks the best steaks. I just wish I could get him to grill some veggies for me.

Share buttons