All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Monday, July 29, 2019

Guest Blog by Bobbi Smith, Queen of Western Romance


      
 
Hi everybody!
Today I thought it would be fun to blog about my favorite books—and there are quite a few of them. Below I’ll tell you about a few of my all-time favorites.
I have loved reading my whole life. There’s nothing more enjoyable than losing yourself in a wonderful story. When I was a kid, our family made weekly trips to the library, and summer vacation was definitely reading time. The book that stands out to me from my childhood was Gertrude Chandler Warner’s The Boxcar Children. I was fascinated by this story of how four brave orphans survived. It pleases me that the series this book began is still popular today. Not bad for a book published in 1924! Some of my grandchildren have read it, too.
It was during my college years that I read some of my first “adult” novels. Racy books weren’t readily available back then. Harold Robbins’ The Carpetbaggers was one I clearly remember. And Gone with the Wind will forever be on my all-time favorites list. I’ve never had so much fun learning history. Margaret Mitchell certainly gave us a woman ahead of her times in the strong-willed, determined Scarlett O’Hara.
When I was a stay-at-home mom, I read my first actual “romance.” I still remember taking it up to the counter at the bookstore. I asked the cashier if was any good and she went wild, raving about how wonderful it was. And boy was she was right! I truly believe The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss led the way in establishing the enormously successful historical romance market. Though I had a toddler at the time, I stayed up until three in the morning to finish it. I also remember thinking to myself, I could write one of these. . . .
(It took a while, but a few years later I finished my first handwritten, then typed, manuscript. I was very blessed to sell that novel, my first romance, Rapture’s Rage, to a publisher. I have to say, it will always be my very favorite of all the books I’ve written. There’s nothing like the first.)
Lately, I’ve been reading contemporary romances. Julie Garwood is one fabulous writer and so is Suzanne Brockman. I also love Julia Quinn, Mary Jo Putney and Mary Balogh, to name a few.
What are your all-time favorite novels? It’ll be great to hear from you.

All my best,
Bobbi Smith


 http://bobbismithbooks.com/

Captive Pride:
 
 When Cecelia Demorest discovers that arrogant Lord Noah Kincade will be a guest in her father’s home, she plots to promise him her charms and then double-cross him, diverting his black market weapons to the Colonial cause. But when his soft lips caress her throat, she throbs with desire and when his muscular form presses hard against her, she is awash with feelings she cannot deny. Before she surrenders to ecstasy, she vows to find a way to get what she wants and humiliate him in the process.
SHE TEACHES HIM A LESSON

Notorious womanizer and gun runner Lord Noah Kincade gazes at ravishing Cecelia Demorest with ardent lust. When he gets her alone and tastes her luscious lips, he is on the verge of taking her then and there…until he discovers she bears a torch for the patriot cause. He realizes this clever girl has set out to sabotage him and he will get his revenge. Cecelia heats his blood beyond boiling and it’s far too late for him to stop. He’ll have his arms deal and the girl as well.








7 comments:

Marianne Stephens said...

Thanks for being here! I started reading Barbara Cartland romances and was hooked on romances from then on!
My favorite romance book is The Lemon Cake by Judith Stafford! I'll never give up my copy. Also have a set of Cartland's books on my shelves - right next to my Shakespeare collection!


Desiree Holt said...

Bobbi, we met a long time ago and I bought one of your books. I have been a fan ever since. Congrats on your new exciting release.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Bobbi,

Thank you for your guest blog.

I love reading and writing romances and your sounds wonderful.

Good luck with your release. I wish you many sales.

Janice~

bobbi smith said...

Hi Everybody! It's so great to hear from you.

Marianne, thank you for having me! Oh yeah, Barbara Cartland! She was so great back in the day. I'll have to check out Lemon Cake.

Hi Desiree and Janice!

Remember the old days when Harlequins and Silhouettes were everywhere.

KateAllenton said...

Some of my favorite novels are Julie Garwood's Buchanan series <3

Larion aka Larriane Wills said...

Katherin was my first 'hot' romance. great lady to get us hooked. i haven't read any of yours--YET--but i will.

bobbi smith said...

Kate - Julie is soooo good I emailed her and told her to write faster.

Larriane, I'll check out Katherin, too. Hope you enjoy my stories. Lone Warrior is selling great if you like Indian romances.

Share buttons