All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Friday, July 26, 2019

Finally Friday

Good morning, RB4U people!

I am a smidge later than I'd planned to post, but I have been really thinking about the way I write and the reason I write.

I'm the first to say that I have a ton of ideas and can start/rough plot a story faster than average. I tend to plow through the first 15-20K of a full manuscript (60-80K) with ease.

Then, the 'oh shits' set in.

Oh, shit. How can I have used up all the good plot points already?

Oh, shit. Why did I do that? 

Oh, shit. I've strayed from the plan. What now?

I've been working on a duology about a woman named Calla. The first book is a series of vignettes which shows the progress of her sexuality. The second book is her HEA story. My head is stuck in the minutiae. I can't seem to move forward. I wouldn't exactly call it 'writer's block', because I'm fine writing other things and exploring other stories.

I guess I have a fear of screwing this one up--that's what my daughters think, anyway. And my son tells me I'm a perfectionist, so I should just let it go and get the first draft on paper--and then fix it later. How did my spawn get so smart?

Anyway, I'm super glad we've reached the weekend. Time for some self-care and relaxation.

In the comments, sound off about how you get out of writing stagnation and/or fear of failure  OR  what you're doing for self-care this weekend. I--with the help of random.org--will select a winner for their choice of manuscript beta read or a swag pack. Closes Friday, August 2, 2019. Giveaway not affiliated with RB4U or any other entity.

No comments:

Share buttons