All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Written in the Stars

I have a confession to make. I like to know the endings to books, movies, TV shows and everything else. When I share this fact with people, they gawk at me like I sprouted wings and am about to fly off to spread my wicked fairy dust.


But there are two reasons why. First, I don’t want to waste my time on something that I’m going to hate or be dissatisfied with. Second, I like the journey, seeing the characters change, conflicts resolved and places traveled. 

That’s why I wish astrology was true. I love to read my horoscope. I don’t care if Mercury is in retrograde or whatever else it is. But I wish to know what will happen in my life, in the month, week, day. I’ve had enough surprises in my life that have totally turned my whole upside down and me inside out. I just want to know if something is worth my time.

There is something else I love about horoscopes. They help me determine what I truly want in my life and have me focus on making that happen. You are probably wondering how a horoscope can do that.

At the beginning of the new year, I always read my yearly horoscope. It’ll tell me about myself, love, money, career. As I read it, I feel the rush of my career taking off, more money filling my pockets (I have to buy books) or grimace at events that I have no wish to be a part of. That silly horoscope helps tell me what I want in my life so I don’t waste time.

At the beginning of 2019, my horoscope told me that my career would be taking off. I would have opportunities that I hadn’t had before. Reading this, I felt my heart race with excitement and my mind race with possibilities. I wanted this. So this was where my focus had to lie. I wanted that ending.

Instead of waiting for something to happen outside of myself, I focused on what I could do to make that true. When an opportunity came, I went after it, pushed beyond the insecurity and fear and went for it.

Now, I have four historical romance novels for sale on Amazon and my first novella, The Chieftain’s Secret ready for pre-order. I’m blogging and learning more and more. I’m focused and ready to make my horoscope come true. 



1 comment:

ELF said...

I haven't followed my horoscope closely for some time but I was astounded to discover how many characteristics were accurate when I looked up my Asian horoscope. Good luck on the new release!

Share buttons