All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Hey! I'm New Here!


Hey, Everyone!

I'm Deelylah Mullin, and I'm new to Romance Books 4 Us...and I am absolutely THRILLED to be part of this fabulous group of authors.

I've been part of the writing community since 2010 or 2011 when I started reviewing for That's What I'm Talking About. Then, in 2012, I responded to a Tweet from an author looking for Beta readers. After volunteering, I asked if I could send back edits b/c they were going to drive me nuts. Thusly, I broke into editing. It really wasn't much of a stretch--I have a BA in Music and English, along with expired teaching certification in Michigan for those subjects as well as special education, in which I hold a master's degree. I edited for a few small houses until they closed while building up my client list. I still edit for select authors, though I don't take as many manuscripts as I once did.

I currently have a #dayjob and work-from-home most of the time. As a developmental editor for a literacy nonprofit, I get to play with words all day--mostly in the area of research. This is the work of my heart--I always wanted to work with a literacy nonprofit, and after retiring from teaching after 26 years in the classroom, it was time.

Hubby, Mr. VampBard, and I will be full-blown empty nesters as of July 1; our youngest graduates from high school in a few days and she will begin her journey in the Navy. We have three in some stage of college: a sophomore, a recent graduate doing a year of research prior to applying to graduate schools for psychology, and one with another year of medical school to go. We also have a computer wizard, and the best damn welder in this part of Michigan (I may be biased...) as well as a daughter-in-law, two absolutely DARLING grandsons, and a spectacular son-in-law. In actuality, we're a modern-day Brady Bunch...except Alice never showed up.

As we're entering a new phase in our lives, I am super excited that Mr. VampBard is so supportive of my writing. We even recently switched cell phone providers because we wanted a hotspot so I would be able to work ANYWHERE, and our former service wanted ENTIRELY too much to add on a hotspot I wouldn't necessarily use a lot because I am pretty much a hermit.

As an author, I have contemporary romance published--but it's not for everyone. My characters have real-world issues to overcome which, I've heard, isn't the way everyone likes their romance. I write paranormal romance as Marilyn Harlow--and I am LOVING writing PNR! Thus far, they're much lighter than my contemporary romances.

I am always open for an informal chat about the writing world--I keep an ear-to-the-ground about what's going on, but I'm unapologetically in the Indie-published camp. I'm also happy to guest post when I have something to say--likely about a new release :-)

I look forward to being your blog host on the 26th of every month! In June, you can look forward to my Birthday Month post!

Until then,

Much love--

Deelylah

3 comments:

Krista said...

Yay so glad to have you here among us !!! Great post and yay to the empty nest coming soon !!! So much work and writing time to look forward to :) Hugs!

Deelylah Mullin said...

Aw, shucks! It's like you KNOW me, or something! <3

Cara Marsi said...

Welcome, Deelylah!

Share buttons