All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Monday, April 22, 2019

Happy Easter and Passover and Sunday!

So many causes for celebration! We have Easter, Passover, spring is finally coming to so much of the country that's had quite a cold winter! Wherever you are, dear reader, I hope you're enjoying a pleasant season of renewal.

I am always glad to celebrate different holidays with friends to see how they approach the best parts of the year and to appreciate our differences as well as the things that bring us together. Like a good book or more specifically a good romance. I think it represents all that we hope for. Someone to share our lives, to be a family with. And of course for the sensual explorations of the boudoir. Writing these intimate moments is both my pleasure and sometimes my frustration because I always want to convey what the characters are feeling in the moment. Sometimes someone will ask what it's like to write a sex scene, do we feel anything. I can only speak for myself, my own experience, and say it's an honor to be present with my characters when they reach these special moments.  Like in this contribution to the Magic and Mayhem Universe



His lips were smooth but firm, the bristles of the scruff I’d examined earlier rough against my face when he brought me against his body. Tall…so much taller than me but leaner as well. Muscular but not like a man who worked out at the gym, more like he came by it naturally or just got a lot of cardio. Maybe he liked to hike or bike…swam? But when he released my hand to hold me, my fingers found their way to the cap of dark hair and twined into it, holding him close to me.
I didn’t know what I was doing, perhaps the gin had been too much for me, that I allowed such liberties from someone who I not only didn’t know well, but who had been downright snarky about my business. But he felt familiar. I had only kissed a few men, and most of those hadn’t been very good experiences. Certainly had not lit my body on fire from the core out. Or evoked a sense of longing so strong I wanted to climb him to wrap my legs around him and beg him to take me.
He urged my mouth open with the tip of his tongue, and when I complied deepened the kiss, dominating, dancing with my tongue, twining and lapping, and it was as I’d dreamed. Dreams I never even remembered until now, but there they were.
I knew how to kiss this man, and he knew how to kiss me. The rumble from deep within him, I knew that, too, that lion with its fierce roar and tender purr. Early shifted me closer, adjusting so his knee butted between my legs and I ground down on it. Wanting to shred our clothes off and fall to the floor in a tangle of passion this sedate house might never have seen.




Have a wonderful week ahead!

No comments:

Share buttons