All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, April 13, 2019

15 Fun Facts about Cindy Spencer Pape

This was a challenge I did for a blog some years ago. I thought I'd repost this to let any new reasders get to know me a bit. :)

1. Regrettably, I have no supernatural abilities, unlike many of my characters. I have enough trouble telling right from left some days.

2.   For medieval and Renaissance fairs, I usually dress as one of the “Little People.” Generally I’m assumed to be a hobbit, though I won’t publicly admit to shaving my feet. Every once in a while I go dragon.

3.   My pets are all named for mythological beings, Loki, Sigun, and formerly Tyr, Grendel, Zuul, Chupacabra, Godzilla, and others.

4.   I have a gargoyle statue named Spot, who sometimes acts as my ghostwriter. You can find him on my website banner and in the picture below.

5.   Spot’s “computer” is a 1929 Royal typewriter that belonged to my great uncle. He taught me to type on it when I was 10. (The uncle. Spot isn’t that old.)

6.   I have a 6 year old granddaughter with an equal love of princess dresses and latex swords. She carries off both with great aplomb. And she has a wicked swing. Her 1 year old sister mostly just yells "BA!" when she wants grandma to pick her up. She does have a lovely crocheted battle axe.

7.   My husband and I are slowly remodeling an 1870 house. It’s smallish, built for a retired couple, (which we hope to be someday).

8.   We had a serious debate between painting our house pink or purple. My husband wanted pink until the house across the street went pink. So now ours is purple.

9.   This summer we will celebrated our 34th anniversary.

10.   I have an MS in herpetology but am afraid of snakes. (Even when I know better.) On the other hand, I adore lizards. Our only one at present is a small spiny-tail.

11.   I am totally UN-afraid of spiders—even though I’m allergic to their venom. There are currently multiple arachnids in our 3-generation home.

12.   The teardrop-shaped scar on my right hand is from a turkey vulture bite.


13.   My grandfather’s first cousin was also an author. He moved from Newfoundland to England in the 1920s and 30s and was a reporter, as well as writing 9 novels under the name Erle or Earle Spencer.

14.   He couldn’t spell it Earl, (which it was on his birth certificate) because there IS an Earl (aka Lord) Spencer. No relation as far as we know.

15.   Cindy is my real given name. Not Cynthia or Lucinda or anything else. Just Cindy. Spencer is my maiden name, used as a middle. My married name is Pape (rhymes with grape). There is no hyphen.

Come visit me at www.cindyspencerpape.com for more info, or find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CindySpencerPape/.



1

2 comments:

Hywela Lyn said...

Hi Cindy

Loved your post (and the dragon costume) and how cool that your house is purple. (My favourite colour) It's such pretty house too! I'm not frightened of spiders either - although to be fair there are no venemous ones in the U.K. Great to learn some things about you I didn't know before!

Molly Daniels said...

LOL....love the fact that Percy wears Princess dresses AND carries a sword! Very wise to give the younger one a crocheted weapon!

Share buttons