All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Monday, August 28, 2017

Where has Life Gone with Author Laura Hawks #RB4U #Romance #life

Greetings,

Lately, I've been wondering lately where my life has gone? It seems like just the other day I was young and carefree doing somersaults down the small hill in my backyard or riding my bike within my radius of limitations, or even helping my mother pick the seeds from her Marigolds to plant next year.

This year has been the same... rapidly passing before I'm even aware of it. I remember planting my spring crop, excited for the tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions and more to be picked, canned and eaten on the spot. The warmer weather was just starting, albeit, for Chicago, it was a fairly mild winter. I was getting ready for the sales on spring clothes and summer swim suits and suddenly, I'm walking about the stores getting whatever items I've needed and hearing about the changing weather and kids going back to school.... Wait! What?? Kids going BACK to school? Where did the summer go? Hell, where did the year go and more so than not, I wonder where the past in general has gone. I remember being that kid who went to school and couldn't wait for summer break and suddenly, I'm the adult. Where did those years go?

I've noticed more so than before that days pass quickly, far quicker now than they did as a child. I know time is measured the same, so I haven't quite figured out how I lose so much of it.

I've come to determine a good portion is lost in my books.... whether I'm reading, writing or editing, the fantasy worlds I'm involved in have sucked my time away like some mosquito sucking my blood. I don't know it when it's happening, but the lump that remains informs me of what has occurred. Reading sucks my time away and I'm left with the thoughts of the characters and the events lifted from the pages of the tomes I've devoured... or written. Yes, I get lost in my own stories as much as I do anyone else's.

I may no longer be the kid going back to school, but one thing is the same.. my love of reading is as strong then as it is now.


Author Bio

Ms. Hawks has always been interested in writing in some form or other. A few years back, she was involved with and then ran a Star Trek Interactive Writing Group which was successful for a number of years. Yes, she is a trekker and proud of it.

A few years back, she received her Master's Degree in Ancient Civilizations, Native American History and United States History.

She lives in the suburbs of Chicago with her three companions, all males... cats. She travels as much as she can to various Author/Reader conventions and loves to meet established fans and make new ones, some of which she considers friends more than fans. Check out her FB page https://www.facebook.com/Laura-Hawks-249262585192270/ to see where she is going next.. maybe you can join her.



Romance novelist Kendall Roberts finds herself in desperate need of inspiration. Heading to a male review to appease her artistic appetite, she becomes embroiled in a chain of events which could end her life.

Male dancer Skye Falcon notices Kendall at his club and is immediately attracted. However, he quickly discovers she is the object of someone intent on killing her. In order to save her life, he needs to solve the mystery before they succeed in their murderous attempts.

Numerous fire bombs seem to throw Kendall into Skye's path and she has to wonder what unseen hand is guiding them to be together. Is it fate or is it by devious design?


5 comments:

Nicole Morgan said...

Great post, Laura! And I can totally relate LOL

Cara Marsi said...

You are so right about time flying. I feel the same way. I love your cover and the blurb. Best of luck.

Melissa Keir said...

Time goes by so quickly. Blink and years have passed. I can empathize. What a beautiful cover! I wish you all the best!

Janice Seagraves said...

It seems like the older you get the faster the time goes.

jean hart stewart said...

These sound like great books. and course I agree about time flying,,,,sheesh!

Share buttons