All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Grateful... A Month of Thankfulness. #RB4U #Grateful

Grateful... A Month of Thankfulness

Hello, It's Melissa Keir again dropping by to share some insights with you. I have to apologize for being late today. I've been thinking a great deal about today's post. 


Many of us use November to write down the many things we are thankful for. November is the month of the American Thanksgiving when we come together as family and celebrate a piece of history where two different cultures could sit down and enjoy a meal together.
With thirty days in November, it becomes a month of thirty things we are grateful for... most of the time... it's goes like this...

Day 1: I'm grateful for my husband who loves me no matter what.
Day 2: I'm grateful for my health when so many are struggling. 

But while those things are wonderful, I wanted to write a letter to the readers (and other authors who are readers) who have meant the world to me.

Dear Readers,
Thank you for picking up and reading one of my books. For some reason you grabbed one of my stories. Whether it was the cover or the blurb or even a gift, I have to thank you for taking the time to spend with me.

Writing has always been a dream of mine. I've written for myself for years. Poems, blogs, articles...and finally stories. They are little pieces of my soul and knowing that others are spending time reading them...Wow. It's humbling. I'm grateful for you.

For those readers who have begun to follow me, you might have fallen in love with my characters or settings, and you have picked up a second or third book. You not only have given of your time but your money in choosing a book of mine. I realize there are so many books to choose from. Many of the other authors are my favorite too! Thank you for making my dream come true.


For readers who have given me criticism, you have helped me grow. Your words made me stronger. My words more powerful, my books better. I'm grateful that you took the time to share your thoughts with me.

Thank you to the people who have left a review. Amazon and other sites use those to make my book available to others. By sharing your thoughts, your words have shown my stories to others. Any positive comments, praise, and fan-girling...You make me smile. It warms my heart to know I've touched your emotions. Again, I'm speechless.

To sum it up, thank you...each and every one of you who have given me a moment of your time. You are the reason I continue to write and continue to push for a happily ever after for everyone.

Sincerely,
Melissa Keir



PS. <3



9 comments:

N. N. Light said...

What a beautiful post and I loved the love letter you sent to readers everywhere.

I'm thankful for you, Melissa. You've encouraged me when I've been low and wanting to give up. Your sunshine pours out of your words in emails, social media and of course, your stories. Thank you for your advice and nudging at exactly the right time. I'm so blessed to know you and I'm a huge fan of your books.

<3

MRS N

Jenna said...

What a sweet post, Melissa. We authors should always give thanks for our readers and colleagues and all they do for us and our writing. You're the greatest yourself, you know? Thank you for all your support over the years!

Jenna

Melissa Keir said...

Thank you Ms. Light. I do appreciate your kind words. <3

Thank you Jenna. It's easy to be kind... takes so little, right?

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Melissa! And I can't say enough how grateful I am for you and your friendship. Thank you, my friend. Thank you.

Liza O'Connor said...

You epitomize what I love about authors. You are talented, but kind and generous. You have a spirit of goodness inside you, which one can see, even it a picture. Yet, we don't have to rely on a pic, your actions to others and your fabulous stories reveal it as well.

I am honored to know you.

Unknown said...

It can be so easy to forget about gratitude and yet it's such an important quality. Thanks for the reminder!

Tina Donahue said...

Beautiful post, Melissa. You are, indeed, blessed. :)

Melissa Keir said...

Thank you Vicki. I appreciate all the times we share.

Liza- you are truly an artist. I wish I was half as talented as you. I'm glad you're my friend.

Debra-very true. We often take those we appreciate the most for granted.

Thank you Tina... I do feel that way!

Paris said...

Very insightful post, Melissa:)

Share buttons