All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Paraprosdokians....HUH????

Naturally I have to show off my new cover first. Isn't he a doll? You really want to  ruffle his hair just a little more. Grrrrrr!!!

As to paraprosdokians. they are a figure of speech where the latter part of the sentence is unexpected and usually humorous. I got these from my friend and fellow writer, Carlene Rae Dater, who keeps me supplied with laughs. She's definitely  the kind of friend to have.

Here's some of them......

1.  If I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me attractive.

2.  I  find it ironic that the colors red, white and blue stand for freedom, until they're flashing behind me.

3.  Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation toward the local swimming pool so I gave him a glass of water.

4. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

5.  I'm great at multi-tasking. I can waste time, be unproductive and procrastinate all at once.

6.  If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

7.  Take my advice, I'm not using it.

8.  My wife and I were happy for twenty years, then we met.

9.  Hospitality is the art of making guests feel like they're at home when you wish they were.

10.  I was going to wear my camouflage shirt but then I couldn't find it.


As usual when I plan one of these goofy columns I'll ask you to pick your favorite, and if it matches mine you can choose anyone of my e-books and I'll send it to you. I've been re-working my website, www.jeanhartstewart.com, but it's still working enough for you to pull up a lists of my books. 35 at last count, so you can can choose historical, fantasy, or in between.

Do let me know your choice of the best of these paraprosdokians...


5 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

Those are funny! I am not sure which is my favorite... maybe the one about guests in your home. I have issues with people and love to have them over but then go hide or act like the waitress trying to make sure the whole event goes off wonderfully!

I do want to play with his hair! Great cover!

Tina Donahue said...

LOL, I love these! Your posts are always so much fun.

Beautiful cover. Congrats! :)

Cara Marsi said...

Funny! I love your new cover. If I have to pick a favorite of these, I'd say number 5 becaus that describes me perfectly.

jean hart stewart said...

Thanks so much ladies...gotta say it's one of my favorite covers..I like all these paraprodokians and I'll post the winner soon.

jean hart stewart said...

Melissa, you hit my favorite...Do go to my webiste and claim a book...Just let me know...Jean

Share buttons