All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

What is Old is New Again




It's funny how things come full circle. When I first started writing, I fell in love with paranormal romance. In fact, the first story I ever published was Spyder's Web (through Loose Id) back in 2009. In my early days, I published several paranormal series, including my famous Kyron Pack, Immortal Hungers and Jungle Heat series.

Then it seemed that the market shifted. People preferred to read contemporary romances over paranormals, and as much as it hurt, I had to put my paranormal romances aside for a while and write what people wanted to read. For several years, I wrote exclusively contemporary romances. They did quite well, but I always missed writing those stories about things that went bump in the night.

I missed them so much in fact that when I got the rights back to several stories, I decided to start writing paranormal romances again. I'm happy to announce that in March I re-released Unholy Pursuits and plan to write more stories in this X-Files type of world in 2016. In April, I'll be compiling all of my Jungle Heat stories into one convenient boxed set where readers can save up to 45% off the retail price (you can preorder it here). 

I can't even tell you how excited I am to be writing paranormal romances again. They are my first love, and it has been energizing to visit these worlds again.

So what does this mean for my contemporary readers? Never fear, I haven't given up on contemporary romances. In fact, I have two Kindle World books coming in June and July (you can read about them here), and will be finishing up my Black Towers Series with Lauren Hawkeye this spring. 

Starting in 2017, it will be my goal to publish six books a year: three in paranormal romance and three in contemporary romance. That way there will be a little something for everyone every year. ;)

So tell me, do you prefer paranormal romances or contemporary romances. Or, like me, do you like to read them both. Tell me about it in the comments section. I'd love to hear from you!



A lifetime New Englander, Suzanne married her college sweetheart and has been with him for over twenty years. Every summer she drags her husband and two daughters to Maine on a quest for the perfect lobster dinner. Every fall she can be found down in Foxboro, Massachusetts cheering on her favorite football team. In between those trips, she’s a chauffeur, a maid, a chef, an event planner, a hairdresser, a wardrobe stylist, a tutor and a sometimes masseuse. To keep her sanity, she often drinks copious amounts of coffee and stares at the blank screen of her laptop, dreaming of great adventures. Sometimes she even writes them down for others to enjoy.

Suzanne is represented by Deidre Knight of The Knight Agency and writes mainstream romances under the pen name Ava Conway.


3 comments:

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Suzanne! I have to say I go the contemporary route. And historicals. My first love is mysteries. You have been incredibly busy!!!

Melissa Keir said...

Congrats! I love paranormal books but I also love contemporary stories too! I wish you all the best with your releases!

jean hart stewart said...

Love paranormal...I'm too out of it to write contemporary, but I love writing historicals. Isn't it great there are so many choices out there?

Share buttons