All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Little Team Building




I'm at an odd stage in my career. While it has been wonderful to see my business grow, it's also been a little scary. Some days I feel as if I've been pulled in numerous directions, and I'm sure a lot of you, both writers and readers, can relate.

One thing I've learned over the past several weeks, is that no one can do everything on their own. We all need a little help sometimes, especially when things start to become overwhelming. Whether it is family, friends or coworkers, a good support system is crucial for not only helping you succeed, but keeping your sanity and humor. :)

Over the past few months, I've been working hard to put a support team in place to help me with my writing career. I feel blessed to be at a stage where I'm able to do this, especially after seven years of doing everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) myself. I'm happy to report that most of these relationships have already started to bear fruit.

Recently, I've gotten all of my self-publishing backlist up on Google Play and itunes, and I'm starting to put many books into print. I've released more audiobooks, and got my backlist up on Authorgraph. I'm also in the process of overhauling and growing my street team. If it wasn't for my administrative assistants, I never would have accomplished so much in so little time. I'm truly thankful for thier help, and hope that with them I'll be able to grow my business in ways that I have only been able to dream about before.

My support team isn't complete, but I'm working on it. At the end of the day, having people help with all of my administrative, financial and legal tasks will free up my time to do more of what I love most -- and what readers expect of me -- writing great books.

Who is your biggest supporter? You know, that one person you go to and can trust when times are tough. Tell me about it in the comments section. I'd love to hear from you!

~ ~ ~ Latest Release ~ ~ ~



HOLLOW


Girl, Interrupted meets Beautiful Disaster in this thrilling and sexy debut novel, in which a college student learns her perfect life is a lie and finds new love where she least expects it—a mental institution. 











Now available from the following vendors:



           
ibooks             BAM.
 

5 comments:

Cara Marsi said...

Good for you, Suzanne, to be at a point in your career that you can put together a team. Best of luck. I don't really have one main supporter. It depends on what the problem is. My husband has never been real supportive of my writing so while I can depend on his support for other problems, I can't for anything writing related. That's where writing friends come in. They're the ones I go to when I'm upset about something that's gone wrong with my writing career or when something is going well.

Sandy said...

Suzanne, I really don't have anyone. I just hope for the best.

Suzanne Rock said...

Thanks so much for responding, Cara. ((HUGS)) on your dh not being supportive. I know where you are coming form. While my dh is supportive in a general sense, he just doesn't "get" a writer's mentality, or why I feel compelled to keep pushing forward in an industry that keeps beating me down. So I know where you are coming from. I agree that writing frineds are SO important! They have made a huge difference in my life. I can safely say that I wouldn't be writing today without them. :)

Suzanne Rock said...

((HUGS)) Sandy. I'm so sorry that you feel you don't have anyone to lean on in tough times for support, even if it is just emotional support. I've found that making friends in the business is so important to my mental well being. Often, when I feel like throwing in the towel, my writing friends offer me perspective and encouragement. I hope that you'll soon be able to surround yourself with positive enregy and friends who will keep you writing and doing what you love when life gets you down!

Melissa Keir said...

Congrats on your many successes. It sounds like you are doing wonderful. I am lucky to have wonderful author friends and family who support me. It does make a difference!

Share buttons