All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Friday, May 16, 2014

Interview of Author Lori King

Today I'm pleased to present an interview of romance author Lori King.

Latest Book: Primal Surrender (The Surrender Trilogy III)

Buy Link:
For all buy links visit the Primal Surrender page on my website

BIO:
As a full-time wife and mother of three boys Lori King rarely has time to just enjoy feminine pursuits, but at heart she is a hopeless romantic. So she spends her days dreaming up Alpha men, and her nights telling their stories. She currently has books available in the following series: The Gray Pack, Apache Crossing, Sunset Point, and The Surrender Trilogy. Find out more about her current projects at http://www.lorikingbooks.wordpress.com/

Q: What’s your writing schedule like? Do you strive for a certain amount of words each day?
A: I’m terrible about writing every single day. It’s more likely that I’ll wait until three weeks before my deadline and then dump everything in my brain onto paper. It might not be the most efficient, but it works for me, and I usually have 4-5 projects going at once.

Q: What is the most important thing you do for your career now, as compared to when you first started writing?
A: I follow industry blogs and magazines. I research tips and tricks, and try new things. Being open to learning is the only way to get better, and I think when I first started I didn’t have much faith in my own abilities. Now I believe in myself more.

Q: How much of yourself is hidden in the characters in the book?
A: A lot of me is in my heroine’s, and I think I tend to add some of my husband into each of my heroes as well. What artist doesn’t include pieces of their heart in the paint?

Q: Of all your characters, who’s your favorite, and why?
A: This is a terrible question for an author to answer, but I’ll admit there’s one that tugs at my heart. Sidney Rowe from Sidney’s Triple Shot survived a brutal domestic violence relationship, and being a survivor of domestic violence, I share a lot of her strengths and weaknesses.

Q: If you could change something about your first book, what would it be?
A: Oh my God where do I start? LOL I’ve learned so much about myself as a writer since Fire of the Wolf was released. I’ve found my voice, and I think that I’ve learned more about self-editing, and character building. I would probably strip it to the bare bones and rewrite it if I could!

Q: Do you eat comfort food/listen to music when writing?
A: I chew gum while I write. I don’t know why, but it helps me think. And I almost always have music on. My mood determines the genre.

Q: How do you choose names for your characters?
A: Most of the time they name themselves, but in Primal Surrender, I actually had a little bit of help. My two heroes were named by two of my fans after they won contests earning them the privilege. It turned out to be a great move!

Q: Give one advice tip to an aspiring author.
A: Write. Whatever is in your heart, and your head, write it down. Words don’t bleed, so you can cut them out later, just write.

Q: If you could give a younger version of yourself advice, what would it be?
A: To have more faith in yourself.

Q: What genre would you like to try writing that you haven’t yet tried?
A: I love historical romance, but truthfully, I don’t think I have the voice for it as an author. Someday I might give it a whirl. Never say never.

Fun Stuff:
Q: What is your favorite holiday and why?
A: Christmas is my favorite, and it’s because I love doing things like baking cookies, and decorating the tree. I also love giving gifts. I tend to go way overboard shopping for friends and family because I like to see the surprise on their face.

Q: What are two things people might be surprised to know about you?
A: I’m addicted to strawberry fruit roll-ups. Not the homemade healthy kind, the delicious kind that’s terrible for you.

And I was born a month after my due date in the middle of a massive winter storm that shut down the city.

Q: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A veterinarian was my original dream, but then I found out that I would have to euthanize animals I couldn’t fix and I gave up that dream. Then I wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher, but I did an internship at an elementary school while I was a senior in high-school and figured out really fast that that was NOT a good career for me.

Q: Favorite food.
A: Nachos.

Q: Favorite happy memory.
A: I have three that are equal, and that’s because I have three sons. I’ve never had a happier moment than meeting each of them for the first time.

Q: Favorite drink.
A: Non-alcoholic is Diet Dr. Pepper, but if we’re going out I want an Amaretto Sour.

Q: Hot summer days or chilly winter nights?
A: Hot summer days I do NOT like the cold at all.

Q: What is the top thing on your bucket list?
A: To travel to Scotland!

Q: If you could have a super power, what would it be?
A: I have to say mind manipulation, because the world would be completely open to me if I could make people think what I wanted them too.

Tell us where to find you: website(s), publisher’s page(s), blog(s), Facebook page(s), etc. List them all!
Social Media Links:
http://lorikingbooks.wordpress.com/
http://www.facebook.com/LoriKingBooks
https://twitter.com/LoriKingBooks
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLCe1GPVq6npPKEebL8d9gw
https://www.amazon.com/author/lorikingbooks
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/lori-king
http://www.bookstrand.com/lori-king
http://www.shop.jkpublishingbooks.com/Lori-King-Books_c398.htm



BLURB:
The Surrender Trilogy III: Brothers Mack and Ryker Thompson know the pain of failure intimately having recently fallen from the heights of success. One a former football star, and the other a master at his artistic craft, they couldn’t be more different from each other. Mack hides behind anonymity in order to cover up his pain, while Ryker figures it doesn’t matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as there’s a bartender refilling it all will be well. Broken and haunted by the mistakes of their past, neither expected to find a ray of sunshine in the clouds of their pity party.

Claudia Schmidt, is the only daughter of a real estate tycoon that has a plan for turning the small town of Stone River into a suburb of Austin, Texas. When she is sent in to replace the project manager, and convince the town of the necessity of the project, she finds herself falling in love with the town, and the Thompson brothers.

Although ménage relationships aren’t foreign to Mack and Ryker, neither one intends on living one, so how can they decide who gets the girl? And what if the girl wants all or nothing? Welcome back to Stone River…


EXCERPT: Warning: Adult Language
She paused before opening the car door and turned to face Mack. In the dark shadows of night he seemed more raw and dangerous, and her heart fluttered a little in her chest.

“I wish—”

“I’m sorry—”

They both started to speak at the same time, and broke off with a laugh. Mack shook his head, “If you’re going to try to apologize again, you may as well keep quiet. This wasn’t your fault in any way. It’s been coming for a long time.”

She nodded and stared at the button in the center of his wide chest in silence. His hands came up to wrap around each of her elbows and he rubbed up and down as though trying to warm her. If he only knew how hot she already was for him.

“I was going to say I wish this night had gone differently, Claudia. I will make it up to you on our second date.” His warm breathe caressed her cheek as he dipped his head down, and instinctively she lifted her face.

“There you go again, assuming there will be a second date.” She drew back, but her voice was so breathless he just grinned. Even in the dim moonlight she could see the deep groove of his dimples and the white flash of his teeth. The man had a killer smile to go with his sex God body.

“There will be.”

Three words, and her knees nearly collapsed. The confidence and command in those three words sent goosebumps skittering across her skin and she struggled to maintain her dignity. What would he think if she begged him to touch her right now?

“Sweetheart, I’m going to give you give you five seconds to get in your car and shut the door, because if you don’t I’m going to kiss you, and once I kiss you I have a feeling there will be no going back for us.”

She let out a gasp of indignation and then her breath caught. He was serious. Torn between the desperate desire to taste finally taste him and her own instinct for self-preservation, she swayed on her feet. Only his hands on her biceps kept her from toppling.

“Five…four…”

She jerked backwards and both of her hands landed on the center of his chest. Just the physical connection made her pussy throb and her skin burn.

“Three…two…”

Her mind was spinning as she pressed on hand to his chest, “Wait a second. Don’t I get a say in this? Who says I even want you to kiss me?”

“You’re still standing here.”

Lightning struck the moment their lips touched. Fire sizzled through her veins, and pooled directly between her thighs. She gasped on impact and he took it as an invitation to invade her mouth. That’s exactly what it was, and invasion. Her senses were completely overwhelmed and she melted into him, her arms sliding up around his neck as he braced himself on the car behind her with one hand and tugged her body tightly to him with the other.

Somewhere in the recesses of her brain she heard a tiny voice warning her about getting involved when there were so many hurdles between them, but in that moment she couldn’t hold on to it. There was no gap too wide or mountain too high when his mouth and hands were on her body. Instead, she felt as though she had finally found a home. A safe place where she could revel in this one man’s desire and need for her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed the interview, ladies! Great blurb & excerpt, Lori...

Melissa Keir said...

Hi Lori,
Great to meet you! I am a kindergarten teacher and wanted to be a vet too! I couldn't do it either with the hurting animals part. Not to mention the learning about them by dissection. Being a teacher isn't so bad if you can get past the vomit, feces and anger management! :)

I love the cover and excerpt! Sounds like a fun read!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rose! It was a lot of fun! Melissa, I couldn't get past any of that at eighteen years old. Since then I've had a few kids so I'm sure I could handle it, but would I WANT too.... :) Thank you both for taking the time to comment!

VidaB said...

Great interview I love finding out things about a author I adore. I love when you said "What artist doesn't include pieces of their heart in the paint." Such a beautiful saying. Wishing you much continued Success.

Share buttons