All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, August 15, 2013

I have a title and a contract...

And now I am working hard on two more wips...

I certainly hope it doesn't take me another year to get one of them done. I was in the middle of working hard on a shifter story, when all of a sudden, out of the blue, a lightning bolt struck, and I had to quickly get it in writing (or at least a bit of it) before I lost the train of thought. So now I am madly switching back and forth, trying to keep from going stagnant while trying hard to keep the thread firmly in mind.

When I first started writing, I was using one of these old manual typewriters...and a LOT of paper.  Having my trusty computers now, I can type my heart out, and never have to wad up and toss a dozen sheets out when I realize my mind has taken a wrong turn.

Well, I just sent in a contract on Skinwalker's Woman, and I am now waiting for first edits. I hope this old-fart brain of mine can handle two wips and edits all at the same time.  

I am totally a pantser when I write...and often, when I come up with a great thought in the middle of a story, I have to go back and adjust the first part to fit in with the middle. LOL!  In fact, I have been known to write the ending first, then go back and build it from the inside out.  A few times, back in the good old days, I would sit at my typewriter and I wouldn't move as long as my muse kept spouting. Except bathroom and coffee breaks, that is.

I have many pals who totally outline a story and can present a query letter without a blink, while this old lady finishes the entire story before self-editing, and only then does she sub it. I know myself too well.  I might sub a query to my editor, then change the whole story before it gets finished...and I hate to do that to my editor.

Wish me luck, dear ones...I think I'm gonna need it...

Hugs!

Fran Lee

11 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Congrats on your newest contract, Fran! :)

Nina Pierce said...

From one pantser to another ... boy, do I understand that! Congrats on the new contract.

Nicole Morgan said...

Oh my.. Sending many many well wishes and good luck your way, Fran!!!!

jean hart stewart said...

I'm a pantser too. Kinda unhandy sometimes when I forget what I've just written and need to go back and correct. No wonder I need a good editor. Lots of good wishes sent your way.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Yeah, Fran, a contract. Happy dancing. I'm a pantser too. Unfortunately, I revise and revise and probably am the slowest writer around. But in the end, I'm happy.

Fran Lee said...

I once tried very hard to write a query letter...but by the time I got it finished, I had already changed a few ideas...so I gave up. LOL! Thanks, ladies!

Melissa Keir said...

Whoot! Yea! Congrats! I'm sure you will be able to handle or juggle the different projects. Who knows...they might give you a wonderful idea for another book!

Paris said...

Yeah, Fran! Congrats on the contract:) I wish I could manage to finish a story before I started revising, lol but that doesn't seem to be the way my brain works. Wishing you buckets of luck, lady!

Cara Marsi said...

Fran, congrats on your contract. I'm not a total pantster nor am I a total plotster. I do a loose outline before I began, then I let the story take over. I wish I could write it all out and then edit, but I have to edit as I go. Can't do it any other way. Best of luck.

Sandy said...

Congrats, Fran. lol I'm a pantser, too.

Fran Lee said...

Thanks, everyone, for the great comments! I love reading them...

Share buttons