All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Interview of Author Alisa Anderson

Today I'd like to present an interview of romance author Alisa Anderson.

Latest Book: Give & Receive
Buy Links: http://www.amazon.com/give-receive-erotic-novella-ebook/dp/B009I3RB3O
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/give-receive-alisa-anderson/1114849076

BIO:(transposed to the third person to appear more mature *grins cheerfully*)
well...alisa did stuff and is still doing stuff. only now she has two boys crazy enuff to want her as their mommy. hey, at least she tried to warn them, so her job is done. she doesn’t like to capitalize, partially because she likes how lower case letters look visually, but mostly out of laziness. please don't judge. it could be you. and she would say, hey. you're alright, buddy. you're ok in my book. now c'mere for a hug. the hug might be pushing it. air kiss? you are strangers, after all, with only a mutual love of poor grammar.

she lives for a world full of controllable anatomically correct, android men programmed to meet her specific feminine needs (wink, wink, nudge, nudge with a big waggle of the eyebrows). who look like the rock. and ian somerhalder. and idris elba. and that's it she promises. variety. gotta have variety, right?

but alas...apparently that exists only in johanna lindsey's genius mind. so until then, she enjoys her incredibly warped sense of humor. she reads tons of erotica and romantic, drippy goo that makes her heart go pitter patter. then she thought, hey. what, she said to herself. (softly, of course, so no one finds out she is indeed, 2 nuts short of a fruitcake) maybe you should write this stuff too. maybe someone will like it and maybe buy it. so she said, huh, you think? then she said, well...yeah, i wouldn't have suggested it...(inserts sarcastic tone) and then she was like lose the attitude, ok? then she was all, would you just shut up and write, already? sheesh! and she did. :)

Q: What’s the first thing you did when you received word you’d sold a book?
A: You know…I think I was in such a state of shock I just can’t remember. I think I “SQUEEED” a bit, lol. Then blinked rapidly for the first few minutes, like, this is it. This is truly the beginning of the rest of my life. I am finally doing the thing I have loved since I was a little girl. It was such a long time coming, I think a part of me didn’t think it would ever get here. But get here it did, and time has been flying ever since.

Q: What part of the book is the easiest for you to write? Why?
A: I love writing snappy dialogue. I hear conversations all the time so they just seem to come easy for me. Usually quirky, or sometimes utter nonsense, mixed with genuine emotion, but one thing is certain. You WILL feel emotion for sure.

Q: What part of the book is the hardest for you? Why?
A: Believe it or not, it’s the sex scenes. You want them to be just right, believable, sexy and never repetitive. No one wants to read the same cheesy scene, over and over again. Especially if it’s a bad scene to begin with. Do you realize how hard that is to do???? Yikes. It makes me almost swear off writing erotic romance. Almost. *grins*

Q: Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
A: Without a doubt it has to be Tyler Malone. He is such a scamp. Which is saying it nicely. Ty is rotten to the core, but knows what he wants and goes after it without hesitation. He has always been single minded in his interest in Lena, and doesn’t mind going to nefarious means to try and get her, and I love that about him.

Q: What hobby do you enjoy when not writing?
A: I love singing, songwriting as well as writing poetry. I actually am releasing a soundtrack of my own songs, inspired by the give and receive series, as well as a poetry book called “Erotic Edibles,” inspired by the series too. I also love to dance. Hang out with my 2 pups, my cat. Maybe my two heathen boys, when they aren’t plotting world domination. I don’t just mean the boys. I suspect Bella the cat is the criminal mastermind behind it all.

Q: What’s your strongest point as a writer?
A: I think I have a unique point of view that most have not seen before. One thing I love is combining humor with erotic romance, but for it to have some dark, intensity to it as well. I think that can be hard to find.

Tell us where to find you: website(s), publisher’s page(s), blog(s), Facebook page(s), etc. List them all!
http://www.amazon.com/give-receive-erotic-novella-ebook/dp/B009I3RB3O
http://www.amazon.com/Alisa-Anderson/e/B009IEA6A8
http://www.alisaanderson.wordpress.com
http://www.facebook.com/AlisaAndersonBooks
https://twitter.com/bitchesbewritin

BLURB:
Tyler Malone: Life as a rock star is anything but boring. Money, power and fame is an addictive drug I crave that gets me off...every time. Millions of adoring fans, willing to do anything just for me to glance their way. What's not to love? All I ever wanted was the one who wouldn't. She's the one person I crave more than the life, more than the money and power. More than anything...

Danny Blake: Some smart-assed reporter nicknamed me the "The Dark Prince," because I shun the limelight. I prefer being behind the scenes, always have. Fame is now a choke hold around my neck, a dark, lonely road that never seems to end. The one light in my life is her. The person who matters above everything else. At one time I thought we could be happy together, but I lost that chance when I married someone else...

Lena Roman: Owner of the infamously notorious nightclub, head of a massive PR empire; nothing "Queen Midas" touches doesn't turn to gold. Fiercely passionate, loyal and headstrong, she is the woman who loves them both, with a fiery heat that's all consuming. Choosing between her best friend and the one she stupidly allowed at one time to claim her heart wasn't going to be easy...but she had to, right? You can't love two people at once...

Book one of the scorching hot new series, "Give & Receive".

EXCERPT:
Danny started to give Lena a kiss on the cheek and she backed away slightly, instinctively into Ty’s chest. Ty’s veined, sinewy hands surrounded her hips without thinking, almost protective in stance. Possessive even.

The action was duly noted.

He stared at those hands, his hands, for what seemed like an eternity. Then he raised his eyes to lock with Ty’s, as something silent and unspoken passed between them.

He’d be a complete idiot not to see the currents of electricity that existed between her and Ty, even if she didn’t. Or wouldn’t.

Ty knew the same thing about Danny. He had known for years the way Lena felt about Danny, even when she didn’t know it herself.

She never seemed interested in bringing it to the sharing circle, which was odd for two people who talked extensively about everything else.

But she never offered. And he never pressed. Considering his own secrets, even he didn’t have that kind of nerve.

Life went on.

Lena didn’t notice any of this. She was busy watching Danny, who was still close enough to touch. She looked at his cheekbones, shadowed by the dark hair falling forward. She smelled his scent, masculine and uninhibited, speaking of forbidden promise and a hundred different taboo fantasies brought to life in her mind.

Like a gazelle being stalked by a large, hungry cat, her instincts told her she was in danger. She needed to run. Now. From the feelings he made her feel, from the chaotic madness she struggled to maintain when he was near, from the way her heart almost exploded in her chest, whenever she so much as tasted his name on her tongue.

Only then did she realize she was trapped between both men and it was useless to even try and get away. Only then did she comprehend where Ty’s hands were and had been for some time. Only then was she aware of him rubbing her thigh carelessly and she felt a warm flush heat her face.

Danny wanted to rip his hands off of her, but knew it shouldn’t make one crap load of difference to him what they did or didn’t do.

After all…he was a happily married man.

It was just that every so often…the lie he lived every day of his life became almost impossible to stomach.


Anything else you’d like to add?
Thank you so much for having me here today! Please be sure to check my site for the release of Give & Take, book 2 in the Give & Receive erotic romance novella series!

7 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Give & Receive sounds wonderful, Alisa! May you burn up the net with your sales. :)

Sandy said...

The series sounds wonderful, Alisa.

Cara Marsi said...

Love your bio and your sense of humor. Hot story. I want to know what happens next.

jean hart stewart said...

Geez, how are they going to work all this out? Very intriguing except.

Anonymous said...

thanks tina! here's hoping!

Anonymous said...

late to the game today due to a family emergency, but i had to make sure i stopped by! ah, the beauty of having two 7 year old testosterone filled boys!

thanks sandy for stopping by! and thanks to cara for appreciating my weird and often warped sense of humor. it's an acquired taste. *grins*

Anonymous said...

ya know jean.....i ask my own self that everyday. i tell you...as much as i love a good fantasy, reality keeps crashing thru with it's zany sense of logic and pragmatism, lmao...

we'll figure it out tho. don't you worry. thanks again to everyone who stopped by!

Share buttons