All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Interview of Author Lisa Kessler

Today I'm pleased to present an interview of romance author Lisa Kessler.

Latest Book: Night Walker
Buy Link: http://www.amazon.com/Night-Walker-The-Series-ebook/dp/B0083VMX9E/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&qid=1339364598&sr=1-1
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D1eOw8emiA


BIO:
Lisa is an award-winning author of Paranormal Romance novels and short stories.


Her debut novel, Night Walker, won a San Diego Book Award for Best Published Fantasy of 2011, and was a Double Finalist in the Book Seller’s Best for Best Paranormal and Best First Book.


When Lisa’s not writing, she’s also a professional vocalist performing in musical theater and opera productions.


She lives in San Diego with her husband and two incredible kids.


Q: What’s the first thing you did when you received word you’d sold a book?
A: Cried and then called my hubby to tell him the great news.


Q: What part of the book is the hardest for you? Why?
A: The middle is usually the toughest part for me. I love the excitement of beginning a new book and the rush of the ending is fun too. The middle is always a challenge to keep the tension going.


Q: Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
A: Calisto stole my heart when I wrote Night Walker. His voice sounded like Antonio Banderas in my head, and I loved his old world charm and quirks. I think he’ll always hold a special place in my heart.


Q: Do you eat comfort food when writing? If so, what food inspires your imagination?
A: I actually chew gum when I write. Lots of gum. And I chomp it like a cow. So attractive! LOL But it definitely helps me focus and get creative!


Q: What hobby do you enjoy when not writing?
A: Music is my first love. I love to sign and perform. My son is now singing too, so when we get to perform together, it’s the best!


Q: What’s your strongest point as a writer?
A: I think I write villains really well and push my heroes to the brink until you think they may not win… A well-earned happily Ever After is a good thing, right? LOL


Tell us where to find you: website(s), publisher’s page(s), blog(s), Facebook page(s), etc. List them all!
http://lisakessler.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/LdyDisney
http://facebook.com/LisaKesslerWriter
http://lisa-kessler.com/
http://goodreads.com/LisaKessler


BLURB:
He gave up his soul for a second chance to love her...


Two and a half centuries ago, Calisto Terana lost everything when a zealous priest murdered the woman he loved. Now, desperate for another chance to love her, he wants redemption for the mistake that cost her life.


She's haunted by dreams of her own death...


After catching her fiance with another woman, Kate Bradley returns to San Diego to clear her head. The last thing she needs is romance, but after meeting Calisto she's drawn to him in ways she doesn't understand.


They've waited in the shadows for centuries...


Calisto has no doubt Kate is the reincarnation of his lost love, but the Fraternidad Del Fuego Santo has a new watcher with dark ambitions of his own. As old enemies reemerge and a new threat arises, the betrayal that enslaved Calisto to the night might destroy the only woman he's ever loved again.


EXCERPT:
Kate watched them wander off before kneeling closer to the cross. Unable to stop herself, she traced her finger along the T in the center.


Behind her, someone cleared his throat. Kate jerked her hand away and shot to her feet. When she turned around she found a tall,dark-haired man staring at her.


Her cheeks flushed with heat. She hoped he hadn’t witnessed her touching the relic. She waited for some kind of admonishment, but he didn’t say anything.


Not with words.


Something in his dark eyes captured her. His gaze wandered over her face like a tender caress, and strangely, instead of screaming for Lori and Edie, she caught herself imagining his touch on her skin.


“I hope I did not frighten you,” he said.


His deep voice resonated through the empty courtyard, and the intimate tone weakened her knees. The hint of a Spanish accent didn’t hurt, either. Nervous laughter escaped her before she could contain it.


Her face warmed all over again. “Just a little startled. I didn’t see anyone else out here.”


He stepped closer without encroaching on her personal space, his eyes locked with hers from beneath thick lashes. “Forgive me.”


She swallowed hard and prayed she wasn’t blushing. “No problem.” She looked away before she embarrassed herself even further, focusing on the cross. “It’s beautiful isn’t it?”


Si.” He nodded slowly. “Yes, it is.” His barely there smile made her think he wasn’t referring to the flowers or the cross. “I am Calisto. Calisto Terana.”


Expectation hung as heavy as the scent of eucalyptus, as if he waited to hear something more than just her name.


“I’m Kate.” Instead of offering to shake his hand, she tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear. “It’s nice to meet you.”


“The honor is mine, Kate... ” His accent colored the vowel in her name. It had never sounded more beautiful. She reminded herself to breathe.


When he hesitated for a moment waiting for her to speak, she realized she hadn’t shared her last name as he had. She flipped through a rapid pro and con mental checklist, and decided it couldn’t hurt. Maybe they would meet again.


“Bradley,” she said.


A sexy smile curved at the corners of his lips. “I hope this will not be our last meeting.”


She glanced around the shadowed courtyard, feeling vulnerable, and almost gave in to her first instinct—to run. But she remembered her promise to herself. Be strong. Take action. She lifted her chin and said, “I guess you never know.”


With a smile that said he had every intention of seeing her again, he tipped his head. “Buenos noches, Kate Bradley.”


Her heart raced and her palms sweated when she realized he meant to leave. No man made her palms sweat. Ever.


His gaze held hers for a moment, full of unspoken promises she didn’t understand. Without another word, he walked away.



Anything else you’d like to add?
Thanks so much for letting me visit the blog today!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a really good story! Congratulations on your latest work, and keep chewing that gum. lol

BC Brown ~ Paranormal, Mystery, Romance, Fantasy
"Because Weird is Good."
www.bcbrownbooks.blogspot.com

Suzanne Johnson said...

Great interview, Lisa--I have a mental picture of you writing and chomping gum! I've read Night Walker and have to agree--Calisto is SUCH a wonderful character!

jean hart stewart said...

OOOOO, that Calisto sounds irresistible. Maybe I should take up chewing gum also..

Lisa Kessler said...

Hee! I'm chewing gum and editing right now BC!!! LOL

Thanks so much for the good wishes!

Lisa :)

Lisa Kessler said...

Hi Suzanne -

I'm so glad you like Calisto!!! I was worried the world might never get to meet him! I'm so glad Entangled gave him a chance! :)

Thanks for commenting!

Lisa
*who is chomping gum right now! LOL*

Lisa Kessler said...

Hi Jean -

I'm glad you like Calisto!

I think he's yummier than chewing gum! LOL And that's saying something...

Lisa
*who is chomping gum right now* :)

Gerri Bowen said...

I just bought this, Lisa. I remember this from a class we must have taken together, and I always liked the premise. Glad I remembered!

Lisa Kessler said...

Hi Gerri -

Thanks for grabbing a copy of Night Walker! I hope you enjoy the book! :)

Lisa :)

Sandy said...

Lisa, I love old world heroes. Antonia Banderos! He's charming.

Share buttons