All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Friday, April 15, 2011

Living Without Romance is Never Easy...

In fact, writing Romance takes a great deal of thought and gumption...

I am proud to be a part of the Romance/Romantica contingent of authors who titillate and entertain readers every day of the year...giving those who love to escape the ugliness of newspapers and TV headlines and stories of war and hate something else to read.

Face it...we all love to escape once in a while. To escape to a place and time where people live lives like ours...but who also make time to make love and enjoy those lives.  I wasn't at all shocked to read somewhere that 75% of all the novels read today are Romance novels.  In fact, I have gotten so spoiled by Romance that I seldom read anything else.

While most of my author friends enjoy suspense, thrillers, and biographies, this old broad enjoys reading about hot love affairs, wonderful romances, and very little else.  Guess it has to do with the fact that I have lived a long life, and don't want to waste my time wading through deep dark thought processes or long, weighty discussions of things not Romantic.

I want my ROMANCE! So there! I want my mindlessly entertaining, titillating, mushy ROMANCE!  If I want to read about spies, I will open the pages of my newspaper. If I want to see hatred and lies, I will watch Fox News. And if I want to see drama, I will tune into  CSPAN. So spare me all the ugliness of life and send me a Romance book.

After all these years, I can always make room for another delicious Romance.

2 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I love romance too, Fran. Call me old-fashioned, but I love HEAs. I started watching The Office after it went into reruns. Wasn't interested at all until I got to the parts with Jim and Pam. When he told her he loved her, my heart sang. Their romance (funny and sweet) is one of the few reasons I continually tune into that show. :)

Fran Lee said...

Yep...romance makes everything great. I adore HEAs!

Share buttons