All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ups and Downs

This past week has been a roller coaster ride. At the highest point, I got notice that my book, PRIME TIME, was finally out in print. I've been waiting for this moment for four years. It took a new publisher to make it happen. This book received great reviews in its original from, even getting four stars from Romantic Times magazine. My new publisher looked at the book, liked it, but decided it needed some work (which it did!). The new version is even better than the original and is now out in both e-format and print.

In addition, I finally finished the new story I was working on. I've been struggling with this one for so long, but I'm happy with the way it turned out and was especially happy when I wrote 'THE END'.

In addition, I have a shadow. A 16 year old girl who has to do a paper for school on what she wants to do in life. She wants to be a writer so has been with me at work for the last few days (I work in a bookstore), asking questions about writing and the writer's life. She's forced me to do some heavy thinking about this life that chose me. I dashed some of her hopes (she believed you wrote a book, sent it to a publisher, and they published it. That easy.), but I also pointed out that if you are a writer, you're going to find a way to write. You may never make money at it, but you're going to figure out how to make it work. It's been kind of fun. And interesting to have someone who thinks I'm amazing because I'm a writer. (giggle)

But when things are going that good, you know there's going to be a shoe drop. And one did. Heavily. On Wednesday, my hubby and I had our pet, Pixel, into the vet for her regular checkup. She passed with flying colors, but because she's 19 years old, the vet did some bloodwork and tests just to make sure everything was okay. Friday we got the call. All was not good. In fact, definitely not good. As in, she's reached the end of her road due to advanced liver disease. There is no coming back from this. He said she'd stop eating, lose weight, and eventually, just pass away.

How do you say goodbye to a furball you've loved for 19 years?

I know there are a lot of people out there who won't understand our attachment to her. After all, she's just a cat. What's the big deal? I also know there are a lot of people out there who *will* understand. And grieve with me.

As I said, a week of highs and lows.

May you have a happy week.
Vicky/Victoria

3 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

Oh honey...I feel your pain. I had to say goodbye to my beloved Black Lab last May and it still tears me up inside. But she had lived a full and healthy life with us for nearly ten years, and her bladder issues made life miserable for everyone. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do: Make the call, and then ultimately feel her take her last breath. (((HUGS)))

As for Prime Time: Congratulations!! I loved this story the first time I read it, and now you're telling me it's 'new and improved', so looking forward to reading it again:)

Sondrae Bennett said...

I'm so sorry. That is one of the hardest things. This past summer I lost my dog of 14 years. It was unexpected, he was old but fine one day and the next... well, it was unexpected. I know exactly what you're going through right now and I know there is nothing anyone can say.

Sandy said...

Oh Vicky, we went through the same thing with our cat, Max, a year ago February 18th. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Congrats on Prime Time.

You're right life is full of ups and downs.

Share buttons