All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Twelve Days of Tax Season


Does anyone remember the Bundys, from the sitcom Married With Children?

They celebrated holidays a bit differently.

Al Bundy was so cheap, they celebrated Christmas on Dec 26th and the 5th of July. Why? Because everything was on sale!

It’s no secret finances are tough for everyone lately, and my family is no exception. We nearly had to have a ‘Bundy Christmas’ this past year, because of my husband’s unemployment running out. Thankfully, he received his extension just in time for Christmas Eve. The kids understood the predicament, and were happy with what they did receive.

Tax season has become our ‘new gift-giving’ season. While we didn’t receive a large amount, it was enough for me to present you now with my version of the Twelve Days Of Christmas, aptly re-titled, The Twelve Days of Tax Season. Enjoy!

On the twelfth day of tax season, my refund brings to me…

12 pairs of socks

11 meals at restaurants

10 pounds of meat

9 router accesses

8 documents printed

7 medical bills paid

6 trips to the grocery

5 electronic books

4 gigs of memory

3 shopping sprees

2 DVDs



And a silver Sony laptop just for me!

10 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Mercy, thanks for reminding me of tax day, Molly. I almost forgot. :)

Great post.

Unknown said...

I'm glad tax season could be like Christmas. :)

Katalina Leon said...

Molly, I hope there will steadily be more and more to celebrate.
XXOO Kat

Molly Daniels said...

Tina: I'm always happy to remind people, so they don't wait until the lst minute:)

Amber: Especially since last year, I got the e-reader:)

Kat: Thanks! I hope so:)

Paris said...

Last year I was so on top of things and this year everything is in a big stack waiting to be sorted! Thanks for reminding me...no really, thanks:)

Molly Daniels said...

You're welcome Paris:) The only time we 'procrastinate' is when we owe...and then we mail it on April 14th:)

Sandy said...

I've got to get my taxes done. Oh, I hate doing it.

I'm glad your hubby got an extension on his unemployment benefits and you got money back on your taxes.

You're right, it's difficult for almost everyone now.

Molly Daniels said...

Sandy: As it turns out, that 'extension' was misleading. It runs out this week, which means me pounding the pavement again and a lot of praying that what money we still have left will be spent wisely!

Fiona McGier said...

Very clever posting! But tax season is even more depressing for me this year, when I got multiple W2s, and yet even when you add them all up, I made less than when I first was a new graduate from college in 1979, and had to leave the teaching field because I couldn't make my car payments or repay my student loan on what I was being paid....sigh...

Molly Daniels said...

Yeah, I feel your pain Fiona:) We received considerably less this year than last year. And we needed it more this year! I shudder when I think of what we DIDN'T do with last year's.

Share buttons