All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Guest Blog: Maggie Berkley: I Have a Secret!

It’s not mind boggling or whisper worthy but to me its something that is mine…a secret fantasy, or others might call it, an alter ego. You see, I’m an a kick ass beautiful assassin who men lust over and fear. I walk the streets with confidence, meeting the eyes of passersby with a haughty smirk, knowing that if I wished I could easily remove them from this world with none knowing the better.

I’m also a top notch thief, able to get past the most advanced security systems without breaking a sweat. I glide by in the night, walking through your dreams to get to what I want, your most prized possession. Whether its to distract you with a bat of my lashes as I pick your pocket or etching through a glass window at twenty stories up to cross a room filled with electronic sensors, nothing will stop me from my goal.

Some days I’m dark and gorgeous, deep inside blood thirsty and empty of human emotion. Once I was living but now I’m not. Years ago I died at the hands of a stranger only to be reborn into something stronger, faster, deadlier, for I am vampire, a creature of the night damned for all eternity to live as civilization around me blossoms and dies.

The imagination of a writer is something different, something special, for it is we who create new worlds, create new life and bring to others these vivid scenes of wonder. For most of us life is a dream, we think them, sleep them, find ourselves obsessed with them and in the end, if we’re lucky, we can manage to jot down our thoughts to share with others.

For me one side effect of this passion is that I am unable to turn it off. It travels with me everywhere I go; at the store, in school, walking down the street, even on the bus. It robs me of my sleep, occupies my every thoughts, and distracts me during conversations. I’m sure people that pass me in public wonder as to my nature. At times I speak out loud, working out a scene for my next chapter. At other times I become so obsessed that any disruption becomes an irritant, locking myself away from everyone until my character’s stories are put to paper.

And when it finally does, when the story is complete I can sit back and sigh, relax until the next character steps forward to claim my attention, to drawn me into obsession once again and we begin another dance of words.

BIO:
As a long time of dark fantasy with a touch of romance and horror, Maggie Berkley grew up in a world all her own, one she created as a teenager during her long periods of parental lockdown due to a rebellious nature. As a youth she created short stories and plays for friends and family and as time went on drew on her love of fantasy and horror to write longer stories and fan fiction. Due to the encouragement of family and friends she published and now has two full length e-book novels (Enter the Night: Book One of the Morgan Crowe trilogy, Behind the Throne: Book Two of the Morgan Crowe trilogy) and a short story (Diary of a Vampire). Books are available at Red Rose Publishing, Fictionwise, Bookstrand, and Amazon.

You can contact her at maggieberkley@yahoo.com with any questions or comments or follow her at http://maggieberkley.viviti.com
http://facebook.com/maggieberkley
http://twitter.com/maggieberkley

BLURB:
Behind the Throne: Book Two of the Morgan Crowe trilogy

Alone, pregnant and cranky, Morgan Crowe finds herself surrounded by enemies and with no one to trust when luck finds her on the doorstep of a friend long forgotten. Taken in by the daughter of a powerful King who would rather see her dead, Morgan relies on her instincts for survival and hopes she could live through the next few months in order to give birth, and then she would be up to her normal strength and skill.

As her rotten luck would have it an enemy has found itself in her safe haven and has taken revenge, by taking her only surviving friend and causing her to come face to face with her past. Court intrigue and danger rears its ugly head as the grip on her tightens, causing her to reach out for help and learn that to trust may not be as bad as she thought. Especially when that trust comes in the form a young Werewolf met once on a rainy night that seems so long ago.

But attractions are not that simple are they? Especially when an old rival shows up and the heat between them flares. But Morgan has no time for macho games, especially when her friend’s life is in her grasp.

4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Behind the Throne sounds fascinating, Maggie - can't wait to read. :)

Katalina Leon said...

Maggie, you sound pretty exciting to me are you sure this is an alter ego? lol
XXOO Kat

jean hart stewart said...

Wow, sounds wonderful. I was quite drawn in just by the short excerpt.

Maggie Berkley said...

Thank you Romance Books for having me here and thank you everyone for your great responses! I hope you enjoy my book Behind the Throne and don't forget to check out book 1 Enter the Night!
Hugs & kisses!

Share buttons