All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Merry Christmas, Everyone!


I LOVE Christmas!
In fact, I usually start humming carols around the middle of July.  I love the season itself...the warmth...the smiles...the hectic busy life.  I love giving gifts!  On more than one Christmas morning, I awoke to find only gifts that I had bought and wrapped under the tree. LOL!  And you know what?  It didn't bother me. Much. :P


I think that my family has finally gotten the picture...no more thousands of dollars spent on holiday gifts.  Mom is gonna buy us something small and good.  So don't get your hopes up for that Mazzerati.   (Did I spell that right?)  Hmmm.  Gotta brush up on my Italian.


My favorite Christmas was the one where I awoke to a beautiful Marx Western Town Set (1953)...and the obligatory girlie toy...a Betsy Wetsy doll.  Poor Betsy never stood a chance. I was a horsewoman all the way!  I was always looking for the horse that I wrote to Santa for, but never did find one under that damn tree. LOL!


This Christmas, I spent under $600.  I give gifts that will NOT be returned to the store.  Gourmet cookies and candies, collectible vintage items, and birth-year Proof Sets from the United States Mint.  Nobody is gonna return those babies.  (And this was for ten people...)

How do you go about doing the "gift" thingy?  Tell me your holiday shopping secrets.  Oh...and for the most interesting comment, I will give the winner a gift...Woman on Fire.  So give it your best.

Hugs and a happy holiday season!

Fran Lee



 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I were crafty, but I'm not. My children beg me not to bake! lol

Great book and Merry Christmas!

Marie Rose Dufour said...

I'm not crafty but in my family we do set a limit. It is $50 dollars per couple and each child has a limit of $40. We also used to pick names out of hats. So besides the kids, you would only buy for the person that you picked.

I love Woman on Fire. It is my favorite story by you!

Molly Daniels said...

I like the price limit Marie:)

Each year I bake cookies and banana bread (or pumpkin or Amish Friendship) for my children's teachers. I started this back in 1997 when my first one was in kdgn. His teacher had admitted she didn't have time to bake during the holidays, and every teacher since has been most appreciative!

Fran Lee said...

Great comments, ladies! Since there were so few, I think I'll send you each a prize! Thanks!

Share buttons