All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

11 May is "Eat What You Want Day"!

NOTE: CONTEST BELOW for "Eat What You Want Day"!

Food, glorious food. All kinds, shapes colors, tastes...to delight our palates. And, today you have an open invitation to eat whatever you crave...and not feel guilty about it! Calories don't count! You won't gain weight! No one will look at you and wonder why you're stuffing your face...again.

Okay. Maybe some of that's not exactly true. But, who cares? If someone went through the trouble of naming this "free-to-eat-what-you-want" day, why shouldn't you take advantage of it?

Do you crave something sweet? Chocolate? Anything with sugar?

Something gooey? Sticky? Salty?

This will sound weird...but I crave SALADS! Because of 4 stomach surgeries I've had, I can't eat raw fruits or vegetables. Now, this might sound like an open invitation to cram my face...and stomach...with carbs, proteins, and sweets, but I'm TIRED of those! I want to eat a fresh apple, tomato, peach, and sink my teeth into a wonderful salad with all the trimmings!

Alas, I can't eat those items mentioned above, so I'll have to come up with something else to indulge in for "Eat What You Want Day".

My choice is PIZZA...loaded with extra cheese that leaves stings hanging as I pull it apart to stuff into my mouth.

I love writing food scenes for my heroes and heroines. In "Gone to the Dogs" by Marianne Stephens, my heroine, Katie, eats many times, and although she worries about those extra few pounds, she satisfies her hunger and cravings.

CONTEST: LEAVE A COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO EAT ON "EAT WHAT YOU WANT DAY". BE SURE TO PUT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE COMMENT BOX SO I CAN NOTIFY YOU IF YOU WIN. PRIZE: PRINT COPY OF "GONE TO THE DOGS" BY MARIANNE STEPHENS, AND SOME OTHER GOODIES I'LL THROW IN. DEADLINE: MIDNIGHT ET 14 MAY.

Photos: Flickr: Bitman, rexipe, Josh.liba, skidder's photostreams.

http://www.mariannestephens.net
http://www.aprilash.net
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/romancebooksrus
http://sevensexyscribes.blogspot.com

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to eat a porterhouse steak, smuthered in mushooms and a baked potato with the works on it.
mom1248{at}att{dot}net

Paris said...

I love to eat but I've been very careful about indulging in sweets lately. I usually eat pretty healthy stuff but when it comes to sweets I crave pie and it would be a toss up between a piece of strawberry/rhubarb or lemon meringue. And since it's an all day thing, I'd have to have a piece of red velvet cake with butter-cream icing. I think I'm getting a sugar rush just thinking about it!

Maria said...

I would love to eat chocolate cake ....all day ...at breakfast, for a snack, for lunch...just craving chocolate cake....or chocolate cupcakes...

maria63303(at)gmail(dot)com

Molly Daniels said...

My choices would be pasta and potato skins! In fact, had a moment of weakness yesterday and bought a small box of TGI Friday's skins...think I'll go get another box, as you can't just eat seven...hahahahahahaha! And hey, the calories fly out the minute you bite into them, right? LOL:)

Dessert: Chocolate cake or cheesecake...drizzled with chocolate, of course......

Damn it, now I'm hungry!

Lyla Sinclair www.lylasinclair.com said...

Gee, thanks for the heads up April! I could have missed Eat What You Want Day entirely. What a tragedy. I'm going to go to aerobics and announce it (although my old friend and aerobics instructor may not approve). But since it's EWYWD, an individual pizza with a Pibb Extra sounds good. And maybe I should pick up a brownie mix...

Linda Kage said...

I never heard of "EAT WHAT YOU WANT" Day before. But I'm already loving it. Thanks.

I think steak tips sound wonderful with a loaded baked potato, onion blossom, and oh yeah, a big weighty salad on the side. Yum.

Vicky Tarleton said...

I would love a big fruit salad, made with juicy melons and berries. Followed by some chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.
vicky42000@yahoo.com

Virginia C said...

I make a very simple, sensual shrimp and pasta dish with real butter, parmesan cheese and garlic. The best pasta to use is spaghetti or linguine, so that you can twirl the noodles in the buttery, garlicky cheese. Accompany that with a basic romaine, tomato, onion salad topped with a vinaigrette dressing, real bacon and chunky croutons. Add some hot, fresh Italian or French bread to wipe the plates! Serve with a very well-chilled white or blush wine.

Later, much later, a dessert sampler tray with fruit, cheesecake, and lots of assorted wicked chocolates. Served with hot, rich coffee.

Much, much later....I will eat the leftovers!!!

gcwhiskas at aol dot com

susan said...

I would pick a chinese buffet and eat to my hearts content if I had a day of eating all or what I want. My second choice would be to get into a bag of chocolate and really go crazy. Heck just for the fun of it..lets use the chocolate idea for this one time. I think I would have more fun doing that..it sounds sinful and naughty. ha ha susan L. garysue@dejazzd.com

jean hart stewart said...

Makes me hungry just to read all the other comments. Haven't had much sugar for so long, as I'm slightly diabetic. I think if I could get away with it I'd have a hot sundae with really gooey hot fudge, and lots of whipped cream. The real stuff, please, thick and decadent.

The Whiteds said...

I would love to eat tons of crab wantons and Mongolian beef from PF Changs. They are my all-time favorites and would love to eat them every day! Add come chocolate in there it is would be a great Eat What you Want Day!

cswhited@msn.com

Anonymous said...

Definitely lots of chocolate. . . maybe some Three Muskeeters for Breakfast. . . Peanut Butter Cups for Lunch, and a plain chocolate bar for dinner! :) Hmm, on one hand, all that sure sounds yummy, on the other, just thinking about it, it's making me sick! LOLOLOL

Lois
OV_099@yahoo.com

Kate Dolan said...

I would like to eat what Virginia is fixing! Most of the time, I'd like to eat anything that someone else prepared (and then cleans up from afterwards). When asked what I wanted to see on the table at Thanksgiving, I said "a menu."
I hate food scenes in books because they always make me hungry for something I don't have in the house and don't have time or money to go out and get.
But this sure makes a fun blog topic. What a great idea!

Tina Donahue said...

Hope I'm not too late.

I LOVE chicken tostadas. Once you mix the lettuce, tomatoes, refried beans, chicken, salsa, cheese and sour cream into one gooey mess - it's heaven. Yum, I'm hungry! :)

Suzanne Johnson said...

Give me some homemade vanilla ice cream and a spoon and just move outta my way!
suzannej3523@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I would so love to have a New York Cheese Cake. Plain, no adds. I love the creamy texture and the oh so delicious fat. Yeah...hmmm...cheesecake.

rfirasek@hotmail.com

Sandy said...

I love some giant crab legs or lobster tail or both. lol

Anne said...

I would love a big, juicy, tasty steak with grilled onions and steak fries, followed by a piece of chocolate fudge cake from Portillo's, a local fast food place, with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and a large icy cold diet coke.

Since it looks like most of you are women, I don't expect any snarky comments about the diet coke. Some men just don't understand that you can develop a taste for it and really do enjoy it. It took me about a year to switch completely from regular soda 35 years ago. I'm of the mind that you cut back where you most easily can.

acm05@juno.com

Share buttons