Monday, April 17, 2017
Maybe it's the lightness of the air, but I decided to write this column on questions. Not thoughtful questions, just fun ones. Here are some to haunt you....
1. Can you cry under water?
2. How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?
3. Why do you put your two cents in but it's only a penny for your thoughts? Where's that extra penny?
4. Why does a round pizza come in a square box?
5. What disease did the cured ham actually have?
6. How is it we put a man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?
7. Why do people say they 'slept like a baby' when babies wake up every two hours?
8. If a deaf person goes to court is it still called 'a hearing'?
9. Why is it you're IN a movie but you're ON TV?
10. Why do people pay to go to the tops of buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?
11. Why is a 'bra' singular and 'panties' plural?
12. Why do toasters have a setting that burns toast to a horrible crisp which you won't eat anyway?
13. Why is the professor on Gilligan's Island able to make a radio out of a coconut but he can't fix a hole in the boat?
14. Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs.....
and the best one....
15. Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
Hope you all will tell me which one you like the best. You can find most of my 34 books at either my publisher's website, MuseItUp, or my website, www.jeanhartstewart.com. The bankruptcy of Ellora's Cave has made some of my books hard to get, so let me know me and I'll help.
'Til next month......