Sandra K. Marshall is author of The Riverboat Mysteries and some short stories, but she has started to give a lot of thought to not writing anymore. Why is this you ask? There are many reasons, and I'll list them below.
1. It has become very painful to sit at the computer for hours (neck and shoulder pain).
2. I'm having a difficult time focusing on writing primarily because of #1.
3. I have lost my enjoyment of writing for more than one reason (not just because of #1).
4. Promoting on social media is another reason I'm not enjoying writing. I know I'm going to have to promote my new book when it's published.
5. Not making enough money to justify publishing my work.
6. It's getting difficult for me to make deadlines.
7. Fibromyalgia and neuropathy from an injury in my early 20's is not helping my concentration (keep changing medication to try to get a grip on it)
All of this doesn't mean I'm going to give up writing entirely, but when I start again it will be at my own pace and when I feel like it. I can endure sitting at the computer for a couple of hours to write, but not if I have to answer emails, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
What about you is it time to get away from the rat race? Remember LaVyrle Spencer? She was a New York Times best seller who quit at the height of her career to do something she really enjoyed, composing music.
Below you can find The Riverboat Mysteries links to Amazon and Barnes and Noble in ebook format.
The Catalyst -
The Deceived -
I'm sorry to say this will be my last blog at Romance Books 4 Us. I have enjoyed being one of the twenty authors doing a monthly blog, but I'm giving up this position. It is my desire to try to keep up my weekly blog on my blog. I intend to stay with Romance Books 4 Us Yahoo Group, but I'm going to go to daily digest, so I'll be one of those lurkers now.
Also, I'll be staying with my GIAMx2 Yahoo goals group to make sure I do some writing during the week.
Thank you for listening to me and good-bye.