All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Gardening and Windswept Shores Two by Janice Seagraves



 Last year we bought a new home. It has three fruit trees. 
At the beginning of March we had some wonderful blooms, which are simple too pretty not to share.
This top one is a peach bloom.

 This one is a nectarine. My favorite fruit.
This last one is a lemon bloom. It smell terrific. :)
Better than any air freshener you can buy. 



In my recent book, Windswept Shores Two, I have a garden mentioned.
WindsweptShores2_432
Blurb: Megan and Seth are finally rescued off their little island, but things are far from idyllic as they’re treated to one nasty surprise after another, which puts all plans of a wonderful future in jeopardy.

Will they ever get back together again or see the life they envisioned?


Except:

Handing him the loofah and soap, Megan turned away. Seth soaped up and started washing her back in small circles. “You know I love ya?”
She nodded.
“Liz really did sneak into the room, and I really was asleep.” He hoped she understood. He wouldn’t have brought her halfway around the world to then sleep with his ex.
Megan stiffened. “She wants you back.”
“I reckon she does, but I don’t want her. I only want you.”
After she rinsed off, she grabbed the soap and loofah from him. She gestured for him to change places with her. “I’m not one to fight over a man.” Megan worked her way from the top of his shoulders all the way down to his butt. “I never fought with Jonathan’s mistress over him. I told him to stop seeing her, but of course he didn’t.”
“Megz, I—”
“But if Liz gives me any more trouble, she’ll wish she hadn’t messed with me.”
Seth gritted his teeth against Megan’s hard scrubbing. “I reckon she will. Blimey, I know I am, and I didn’t do anything wrong.”
“No, you just lay there, letting it happen!” The soap and loofah bounced off the shower wall.
Seth turned, wrapped his arms around her, and pulled her against his chest. “I’m sorry Liz is giving you such a hard time. She’s a bit of bitch most days and a drama queen the rest. Why do you think I left?”
“Yeah, I kind of figured.” She sniffed and leaned her head against his chest.
“This is a right mess, eh?”
Megan sighed. “What are we going to do?”
“Once things get settled, I could get us a house, yeah? It’ll be a nice big mansion on a hill overlooking the ocean. In the master bath, the shower will look like your waterfall, and in the garden, we’ll have a pool and fix it so it looks like our old swimming lagoon. I’ll make us a pergola and more chairs, and you can weave the bottoms and backs. I’ll plant palm and banana trees. You can have a garden. We’ll pretend we’re still on our little island and make love all day long, eh?”
Megan looked up at him with sad sea-green eyes. “Seth, that sounds so lovely, but your father’s dying and your son misses you. You can’t leave. You’re needed here.”
He ran his hand down the side of his face. “Then what do we do, eh?”
“I don’t know.” She rested against him. “Just bide our time, I guess. But don’t blame me if you come home late one night and your ex is black and blue.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Windswept Shores (One):  http://www.amazon.com/Windswept-Shores-Survivors-Love-Story-ebook/dp/B00AS9NDNO/

Windswept Shores Two: http://www.amazon.com/Windswept-Shores-Two-survivors-story-ebook/dp/B01BPLNHTI/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

In the UK, Windswept Shores (One):  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windswept-Shores-Survivors-Love-Story-ebook/dp/B00AS9NDNO/

In the UK, Windswept Shores Two: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windswept-Shores-Two-survivors-story/dp/1523945117/

3 comments:

jean hart stewart said...

Love this excerpt....thanks. Lots and lots of sales!

Melissa Keir said...

Such pretty flowers on the trees! I hope you have fruit! We had a pear and two apple trees but none ever bore fruit. They did flower but I think that we didn't have the cross pollination that was needed.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Jean, Thank you. :)

Hi Melissa, Oh, no problem there. We moved in during the month of July and the nectarine had lots of fruit already ripe. Boy were they good. The peach ripened the next month, and the lemon during the month of December. My son-in-law loves lemons so he gets them. :)

Happy Easter.
Janice~

Share buttons