All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Friday, March 27, 2015

Weather Witch by Janice Seagraves

One of the themes for this month is castles. I only have one story with a castle in it, Weather Witch. It's part of Persephone's Song Anthology. 



Blurb: Janice Seagraves takes us to Regency England where Lord Godfrey negotiates for a wife in "Weather Witch." When Meredith, the weather witch, storms in she provides Godfrey with interesting possibilities, but will she embrace a chance to let go of her past and find happiness for her future?

Excerpt (after Lord Godfrey helps Meredith save her son from kidnappers):


"Thank you." Meredith glanced sidelong at him. "For helping me."
.
"I think we make a great team." Lord Godfrey walked beside her. "After we wed, I think we should retrieve the bow of your father's ship. I have an alcove in my garden where we can place it. Then, when we go for our evening stroll, you can place flowers in front of it."
.
"That's very thoughtful, but I didn't agree to marry you." She strode faster, but kept her face turned away from him.
.
He trotted to keep up. He wasn't sure, but he thought she hid a smile. "There's a lovely beach beside my castle that can be reached by way of the secret passageway I told you about. The other way to get there is a bit of a walk, but worth it. I keep a sculpture of Poseidon there."
.
"You do?" She glanced at him.
.
"Yes, complete with trident. I thought he'd see it as a kindness and not send any rough winter storms to tear down my castle."
.
She snorted. "You're a fool."
.
He arched an eyebrow. "Now is that a nice way to address your betrothed?"
.
"I didn't say I was marrying you." She shook her head. "And my mother-in-law already told me she didn't agree to it either."

"That's not a no." He smirked. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Find Weather Witch and the other wonderful stories in Persephone's Song Anthology on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Persephones-Anthology-Sweet-Spicy-Romance-ebook/dp/B00ER6X66S/
Janice Seagraves's website: janiceseagraves.org

9 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Sounds like a wonderful story, Janice. Love the castle pic. Wow, talking about living dangerous. If the land beneath it crumbles...

Sandy said...

Is this a brand new story, Janice? I love castles.

Cara Marsi said...

Great excerpt. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Tina,

Thanks, but we Romance 4 Us bloggers have that pic for this month to use.

Hi Sandy,

It was release just before Christmas last year.

Hi Cara,

You're welcome. :)

Janice~

jean hart stewart said...

Hard to see these two getting together, but bet you do it. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa Keir said...

I love the sound of this story! All the best!

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Jean,

That's the fun of writing romance. Getting the odd couples together.

Hi Melissa,

Thank you. :)

Janice~

Kimbra Kasch said...

A castle sitting poised on a precipice and witches. . .what could be more dangerous . . .or more fun ;D

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Kim,

I think so too. :) My heroine has magic power from her blood line rather than being a practicing witch, although she does do a magical spell at one point.

Janice~

Share buttons