All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Guest Blog: Vicki Batman: Castles in the Air


I love cruises. I’ve been to Alaska, Hawaii, the Caribbean, and the Mediterranean. You don’t have to unpack a bunch of times, go to different hotels, the food is prepared and good with excellent service, meet nice people, see great spots, dance the night away.

So knowing my momentous birthday is coming up, Handsome asked me what special thing would I want (he likes to buy jewelry). I said very enthusiastically, “A cruise!”

He didn’t have a problem with the idea because he likes them a lot as well. “Where to?”

“Have you been watching the Travel Channel again?”

“No.” I gave him the slanted evil-eye look. I began to wonder if he had a trick or two up his sleeve, and sometimes, they were what he liked for me. I decided to be up front and firm. “I’ve always wanted to go there. It’s what I really, really want for my birthday.”

Handsome accepted my idea and began planning. Here’s the tour map where we get to visit lots of wonderful sites like cathedrals, lush forests, windmills, and water:



Yipee! I do get to see some castles!




Am I fascinated by castles? No, I think it is more of wanting to see another country’s history. To look at buildings that have stood for hundreds of years, whether it be a castle, a church, or a Roman wall. To see, touch, and feel what others have done with their hands many years ago. I’m pretty sure all will be beautiful and a trip to remember.

And I like having to unpack only once.

Is there a country rich in history you want to visit?

BIO:

Award-winning author, Vicki Batman, has sold many romantic comedy works to the True magazines, several publishers, and most recently, a romantic comedy mystery to The Wild Rose Press. She is a member of Romance Writers of America, Sisters in Crime, and several writing groups. An avid Jazzerciser. Handbag lover. Mahjong player. Yoga practitioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Cat fancier. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome Hubby.

Most days begin with her hands set to the keyboard and thinking "What if??


So far, Vicki Batman’s heroine, Hattie, from her romantic comedy mystery, Temporarily Employed is satisfied driving around her hometown in a Jeep Wrangler. Find out more at: http://vickibatman.blogspot.com/ Find Temporarily Employed at: LINK

BLURB:
New Job. New Love. And Murder.
Hattie Cook's dream job is down the toilet and her new SUV violated. Desperate for cash to cover the basic necessities of rent and food, she takes a temporary job where she uncovers an embezzling scam tied to the death of a former employee--the very one she replaced.

When the police determine there's more to the death of a former Buy Rite employee, Detective Allan Charles Wellborn steps in to lead the investigation. Overly dedicated, always perfect, he puts his job first, even if doing so ultimately hurts the one he loves.

Find Temporarily Employed at: LINK

Find Vicki Batman at: http://vickibatman.blogspot.com/

17 comments:

Cara Marsi said...

Vicki, that sounds like a wonderful trip. Is it a river cruise? I want to go on a river cruise through France.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Cara! Yes, it is a river cruise and I would do the French one too. I love cruising.

chris keniston said...

I love any cruise anywhere - the perfect vacation!

Unknown said...

It does sound like a great trip! And I'm a lot like you, Vicki. I love to touch history with my hands too. You'll have to tell me all about your trip, so I can live vicariously though you!

Unknown said...

Your river cruise sounds awesome!!! Green with envy. LOL Have fun and see some castles and pick up new bits of history. Wow, that does all sound like fun!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Chris! I know you've used the setting for your books!!!

Hi, Red! I will gladly share so you can live vicariously through me. However, I'm sure you travel to exotic locals I should be envious of. Hugs!

Hi, Hebby! The day Handsome booked, he picked up travel guides. I need to stick my head in them soon. squee!

Unknown said...

Okay, so this is confession time - I don't do cruises. I don't like the water. I will never sleep in a boat on the water. If you ever hear of me going on a cruise then you can be sure that aliens have taken over my body :)
That being said, I would love to return to Ireland, I haven't been back since I was a teenager, and my main interest back then was boys. Now it would be history.
I love the blurb. How talented you are to write comedy. Good luck.

Barbara Bettis said...

What a fabulous trip you've got lined up. I've never taken a cruise--but they do sound wonderful. I agree that being surrounded by history, such as touring castles, is wonderful--it's as if something of those earlier times remains in the walls and floors--and the very air. Be sure and take notes and pix to share when your get back. Love to see them. P.S. Handsome is one great husband!!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Marlow! And that's why God gave us such individuality. We can't like the same things. How boring. Thank you for the compliment. I think some fun stuff just comes out of my mouth. lol

Hi, Barb! Like most things, Handsome and I have found some cruises are better than others. We took big boats with the boys when they were teenagers and they loved it. Since they have grown, we've gravitated to smaller boats and loved that experience. I have been lucky with Handsome and traveling. He plans great and I go for the fun. We've embraced the idea of big trips for big memories. Hugs!

Angela Adams said...

What a trip! Thanks for sharing those awesome photos!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Angela! Well, I haven't left yet. I pulled these from the cruise line's website and a good thing I did as I take only so-so photos. lol

jean hart stewart said...

Have a marvelous time... and let us know all about it.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Jean! I have a few months to go and a few more things to do before that. But I will. I appreciate the wishes.

Unknown said...

Vicki, what a fantastic idea. I will get a vicarious thrill just plotting the route you will take :)

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Florence! I'm so excited. I've been on several cruises and after each one I want to hop back on and go again. Handsome already has lots of things he wants to see. I'm pretty flexible and will do anything. I don't really care about eating as much as seeing. Hugs.

Alice Abel Kemp said...

I know this will be wonderful. I'm jealous because we had one booked with Viking for next month in France. We've had to cancel because my hip is deteriorating to the point where I feared I wouldn't be able to walk or sleep.
Maybe next year.
So y'all have a perfect trip for us.
Best,

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Alice! Oh my, that has to hurt badly if you have to cancel a trip. So you get the best of care so you can go on your most excellent adventure soon. Hugs.

Share buttons