All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Interview of Author Christina Tetreault

Today I'm pleased to present an interview of romance author Christina Tetreault.

Latest Book: Redeeming The Billionaire


Buy Links:
Amazon
iTunes
KOBO
B&N

Link to book trailer:
http://youtu.be/XPnAF-kn_Co



BIO:
I started writing at the age of 10 on my grandmother's manual typewriter and never stopped. When I am not driving my 3 daughters (ages 7, 5, and 5) around to their various activities or chasing around our two dogs, I am working on a story or reading a romance novel. I just finished Redeeming The Billionaire book 5 in the Sherbrookes of Newport series, and I have started book 2 in my new series Love On The North Shore. You can visit my website www.christinatetreault.com or follow me on Facebook to learn more about my characters and to track my progress on my current writing projects.

Q: What’s your writing schedule like? Do you strive for a certain amount of words each day?
A: Over the past two years my writing schedule has changed. This fall it once again changed. Now that all three of my daughters are in school all day, I write while they are gone. I do not strive for a certain number of words or pages because that is too stressful for me. I just write until I either run out of steam or the girls come home on the bus.

Q: What is the most important thing you do for your career now, as compared to when you first started writing?
A: When I first started writing, I was only doing it for me. I didn’t have to interact with anyone. Now, I make an effort to communicate on a regular basis with the people who enjoy reading my books. Sometime I even ask for their input on certain aspects of my novels.

Q: How much of yourself is hidden in the characters in the book?
A: There is a tiny piece of me hidden in my characters, I can not deny that. For example Callie from my first book is a teacher who loves dogs. Guess what, I was a teacher and I am a huge dog lover. I also sometimes draw on characteristics from my friends and incorporate them into my characters.

Q: Of all your characters, who’s your favorite, and why?
A: I think of all my characters Callie and Dylan from The Teacher’s Billionaire are my favorite because they are the first characters others got to meet.

Q: If you could change something about your first book, what would it be?
A: I would show more development between Callie and her father who she meets for the first time in the book.

Q: How do you choose names for your characters?
A: Often I use names that I have heard and like. Other times I use the lists of baby names that you can find on the web. Whenever I do choose a name I take into consideration what nicknames might be associated with it.

Q: Give one advice tip to an aspiring author.
A: Stick with it and keep learning. I am always learning new ways to improve my writing.

Q: What genre would you like to try writing that you haven’t yet tried?
A: One of these days I want to try writing a paranormal romance.

Q: Have you ever used an incident from your real life into one of your books?
A: Yes. In my newest book Addison had a house fire destroy her home as a child. Four years ago I lost my house to a house fire.

Q: Any part of a book that drives you crazy as you write: beginning, middle, or end?
A: I struggle with the beginning of a novel. Once I get going I am fine.

Fun Stuff:
Q: What is your favorite holiday and why?
A: The 4th of July because there is no stress associated with it like there is with Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Q: What are two things people might be surprised to know about you?
A: I write all my stories long hand first and I am a certified scuba diver.

Q: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: For a long time I wanted to be both a writer and an astronaut.

Q: Favorite food.
A: Pizza.

Q: Favorite happy memory.
A: Getting married.

Q: Favorite drink.
A: Coffee.

Q: Hot summer days or chilly winter nights?
A: Hot summer days. I hate the cold.

Q: What is the top thing on your bucket list?
A: Travel all around England and Scotland.

Q: If you could have a super power, what would it be?
A: I would love to fly.

Tell us where to find you: website(s), publisher’s page(s), blog(s), Facebook page(s), etc. List them all!
Author Links:
Website: http://www.christinatetreault.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/christinatetreaultauthor
Twitter: @cgricci

BLURB:
Billionaire Trent Sherbrooke works hard and plays harder. He’s never once cared what the media or society says about him, until now. Intent on making his way into the United States Senate, Trent hires campaign advisor Marty Phillips, a ruthless force in politics who will stop at nothing to get his candidate elected.

After a chance encounter throws local small business owner Addison Raimono in Trent’s path, Marty believes he’s found Trent’s ticket into Washington.

Ignoring his conscience that insists he leave Addison alone, Trent sets out to win her over. Soon what he assumed would be a relationship to salvage his reputation turns into so much more. But can a relationship that began as a lie ever survive?

EXCERPT:
Marty folded up the sleeves of his shirt. “It’s all a matter of importance. The who doesn’t matter. The wonderful opportunity it presents does. Now, I need to know everything. How did you meet her? How long have you known her? Have you slept with her yet?”

Trent pinched the bridge of his nose. Christ, couldn’t he have a cup of coffee with a woman without someone assuming he’d slept with her? “I met her just before we met last week. I bumped into her on the sidewalk and spilled coffee on her. When this picture was taken I had stopped in the bakery and when I saw her again I said hello. We talked for a few minutes before she left.”

As Marty chewed he jotted notes down on a legal pad. “That’s it? You didn’t ask her out to dinner? Get her phone number?”

Did the man think he asked out every attractive female he met? "More or less."


Marty looked up at him. “More or less, I need to know everything. And when I say everything, I mean it.”

“I told her I wanted this office redecorated and asked if she might be interested. Shirley called and set up an appointment with her.” After giving Shirley the instructions, he hadn’t thought anymore about it.

“Excellent. When?”

“I’ll have to check my calendar.”

Marty tapped his pen against his pad several times before he spoke. “We might have to change our time table a little, but I’d like to keep to it if possible. A wedding at the end of next summer is ideal. That would give you a solid year of marriage before the actual election.”

Caution flags jumped up as he listened to Marty. The advisor’s original plan had been acceptable. A marriage to a wealthy socialite who viewed their relationship as a way to achieve her own goals was one thing. What Marty proposed now was entirely something else.

“Perhaps we should stick with what we originally discussed. Why don’t I go through these and pick a candidate.” Trent reached for the binders Marty had put together. “Then they’ll be no need to adjust our timeline.”

“You hired me because you want to win.” Marty pointed his pen at the picture of Addison. “She’s your ticket to the Senate.”

Trent’s eyes focused on the picture. What had she just said to him when the picture was taken? It must have been funny because he had a huge smile on his face. Come to think of it, he’d smiled through much of their conversation. She’d had an easygoing nature with a great sense of humor. There had been no awkward moments or long gaps of silence. Under different circumstances he wouldn’t mind getting to know her better.

“The women in here may help repair your reputation.” Marty pointed to the binders he’d put together of potential wife candidates. “This one though will win the hearts of voters.” He nodded toward the newspaper on the table. “I don’t understand the problem. She’s beautiful and well-educated.”

Marty had him there. Addison was attractive and, from all he could tell, intelligent. Even with that knowledge, a corner of his conscience prickled at the idea.

Across the table Marty popped a pickle in his mouth and chewed as he waited. “If it helps look at it this way. Her involvement with you will put her business on the fast track. The whole thing will still more or less be a business agreement.”

Trent nodded. Marty had a point. If he and Addison became romantically involved it would do more for her business than an ad during the Super Bowl.

“If you’re going to make it in politics you need to learn to do what’s right for your career, everything else comes second. Trust me, I’ve been around long enough to know that few politicians make it with their conscience intact.” Marty pushed the paper closer to him. “So what’s it going to be?”

Addison’s face beamed up at him. “We’ll try it your way, but if it’s not working we will fall back to our original plan.” Sure, they’d had an enjoyable conversation over coffee but he was not prepared to wager the rest of his life on that. He picked up his untouched sandwich. “I’m assuming you made sure she’s not involved with anyone.”

The look Marty gave him said it all. “Unless she’s got a secret lover tucked in her closet, she’s single and has been for over a year.”

“Okay, I’ll let you know how things go. But in the meantime, keep working on who leaked this picture.”

5 comments:

jean hart stewart said...

Intriguing excerpt indeed. Different and enticing.. Good luck with this..I'm sure you'll have it

Melissa Keir said...

Wonderful getting to know you better. Who doesn't love Pizza! I can have it for breakfast!

All the best!

Sandy said...

I enjoyed the excerpt, Christina. Good luck with the whole series.

christina said...

Thank you everyone for stopping by and saying hello.

Cheri Allan said...

Oooh! Love this set-up... and now I can't wait to read the scene where they met! :)

Share buttons