All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Meet Caitlyn McCarthy



In honor of my 5th (or 9th, depending on how you look at it, lol!) book releasing last Friday, I thought I'd interview Caitlyn, the main heroine of this particular angst-ridden book.  In book #1, she rode motorcycles with Elicia; in book #2, you met her as Amy's BFF and roommate; books #3 and 4 you got to know her as the 'bossy' one.  Caitlyn's senior year at Arbor U has been filled with ups and downs, and her stress level has been off the charts.  And as soon as she gets here....excuse me a moment.

Gretchen!  Is Cait on her way?

(Gretchen rolls her eyes and sighs in dramatic fashion):  She's putting on her mascara and brushing her hair one more time.  She doesn't 'get' that people won't see her.

(Caitlyn enters, a bright smile on her face)  Hello!  Sorry I'm late-where are the cameras?  The audience?  I thought you said 20-plus people would be here!

I said interview, Caty, and that twenty or more people would read this today.  Are you ready to begin?

I suppose so.  (Seats herself in comfortable chair, back straight, legs crossed)

Are you upset your name is not in the title?

No, though I’m puzzled as to why you didn’t call this ‘Penny Lover’.  If you’re going to use a Lionel Richie song, at least use the one I listen to.

Is your love interest the way you pictured him? Or would you have preferred someone with a different hair color?

Bryan is exactly the way I see him, though the cover depicts him with more beefed up muscles.  Good job to both you and your cover artist.

Do you have any annoying habits your author did not share with us in your book?

Me?  Annoying habits?  Really, Molly.  But I am a bit ticked off at the way I sound like a spoiled brat at times.

 Do you have siblings? Are you close to them?

My brother is six years older than I am.  He’s been overseas the entire time, that’s why he’s not in the book.  Are we close?  I guess we are.  He taught me how to street fight when I was in the 1st grade, so the bullies would leave me alone.

Any hobbies we might be interested in knowing about?

I cross-stitch and love to sing.  That’s about it.  Oh, and I love to dance.

Are you happy with the profession your author chose for you or would you rather be working at something totally different and why?

I love teaching, and always have.  And I have to admit, watching Bryan and his legal issues made me wonder if I ought to be a paralegal or court reporter.  That was fascinating to observe.

 Are you planning to make an appearance in a sequel? If not are you unhappy about that?

Of course I’m in the sequel!  (rolls eyes and slaps hands on legs) Stephanie and I have a humorous scene in there straight out of your experience, which I still can't believe you used, but that's your choice.  And I think I’m in #7…but not in #8.

Right.  You don’t show up again until book #14.  Now for a personal question. Is there enough  sex in the book for you? Would you have liked more? 

Did you have to put in that Very Personal scene with Peter?  Geez….I hope Bryan doesn’t read this.

 Is you’re hero/heroine a good kisser?

Oh yes!  It was even better when he got his braces off our sophomore year of high school.

 How many re-writes did you have to live through?

Not that many, thankfully. 

Did your author listen to you when you tried to redirect her/him?

I don’t think I ever had to correct you, so we’re good!

 Did your story end too soon?

No.  It ended just in the right way.

Did you get enough time in the story or do you feel shortchanged?

Most of it is in my POV, so it’s good.

 Who was your favorite supporting character?

Hands down, my best friend Amy.  She’s been my rock for the past several years.  I also liked Peter.  Please tell me there’s more of him later.

I’m working on it.  I think he needs his own HEA.   Do you want your story to become a series with you as a recurring character?

Not really.  I’m content with being book #5 in this series, and you did say I come back in at lest three more books.  So it’s all good.

Thank you for your time today Caitlyn:)  Is there anything else you'd care to add?
I read somewhere that romance books only stayed on the store shelves for two weeks.  So I have to keep Bryan out of the store until the middle of April, correct?

Ummm....that's not how it works, at least in the digital age anymore.  If your serious about keeping Bryan from seeing this, you won't be able to tweet this or post the link to your face book page.

What's that?  Digital age?  

Oh, that's right.  In your world computers have just begun to take off.

(Uncrosses legs and looks alarmed)  I'm not going to have to learn to program that thing, am I?

Relax, Caitlyn.  When we speak again after book #14 is out, you'll have caught up.  I don't want to spoil it for you.  Keep using your word processor for the time being and we'll talk again in a few years, unless you'd care to come back next month when Stephanie's story releases.

(Raises eyebrow)  You're joking, right?  I just can't be around her at the moment.  Not until she comes to her senses.

Okay.  No spoilers, Cait.  I know you and Steph have your differences at the moment.  So this will be a good time to post the link to your story and wish you the best of luck with the man of your choice.

Endless Love can be purchased here.  And thanks to Jean Joachim for her wonderful character interview questions:)

Oh my god, Molly.  You can write seven books but you can't write your own interview questions?  

I added to hers.  You were late, remember?  

Just rub it in.

10 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

What a beautiful cover, Molly - congrats on your release. Hope you burn up the net with your sales. :)

Molly Daniels said...

Thank you Tina:) Fingers crossed, anyway!

Katalina said...

Congratulations Molly!
Love the new cover too.

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks Kat:) I had been wanting another Jimmy Thomas cover:)

Nicole Morgan said...

Haha.. silly Molly. I loved your humor at the end. The cover and book seem great! :)

Tamara Monteau said...

Congratulations on your book. This sounds very interesting!

Melissa Keir said...

Great interview and I wish you all the best! :)

Cara Marsi said...

Congratulations, Molly. That's a beautiful cover. Sounds like a great story too.

jean hart stewart said...

Really cute post. Cover is great too. You'll hit the charts with this one.

Molly Daniels said...

@Nicole: It's strange when your characters decide to pick on you for whatever reason.

@Tamara, Melissa, Cara, and Jean: Thank you:) I hope this series is entertaining enough that readers don't realize there IS a message attached, lol:)

Share buttons