All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Monday, November 13, 2017

Thanks for Giving

November is a wonderful time for giving thanks. Here in the US, last Saturday, we thanked our veterans for their service, while in less than two weeks we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving, which embodies both our gratitude for harvests, the foundinIn g fathers of our country, and our love for family. Right now, stores are putting up Christmas and New Year displays, but I like to take time out for these other holidays first and give them the attention I think they deserve.



Today I'd like to express a few of the things I am most thankful for:

  1. In honor of Veteran's day, I'd like to thank those who have served in our armed forces, including my father, brother, husband, uncles and cousins.
  2. Shelter, clothing, and food to eat.--This past year was rough for my family and we came close to losing a lot. Right now, we've consolidated households, but it works, and we all have a place to sleep and enough to eat.
  3. The love and support of my family, I couldn't do what I do without the understanding and encouragement of my husband, father, in-laws, and my wonderful kids, along with my adorable granddaughter. Add on a brother, nephews, nieces and cousins.
  4. Romance: Now I want to single out my husband--my best friend and my own personal happily-ever-after.
  5. Friendship--it's what keeps us sane and moving forward. I love that I have friends as goofy as I am and who are always ready to get up to shenanigans. Special hugs to my steampunk, pirate and Rennaisance families.
  6. Writer friends. Without other people who understand my crazy career, I'd go off the rails. Thanks to the other RB4U authors, the Untitled Writer's Group, Here be Magic,  the Writer's Pond, among so many others.
  7. Pets: Right now we have 4 dogs, 2 lizards, 2 ferrets, 2 newts and 2 tarantulas in the house. Mostly I'm thankful for the cuddly dogs who keep me company while the others are at work.
  8. Relative good health: I'm not in perfect shape, but I'm up and about, and have the health care coverage to keep working on getting all the pesky things better.
  9. Writing again. For the last few years, I've been off-track with my writing. I am so very grateful to have been able to get back into a daily writing habit. Thank you to everyone who has continued to encourage me.
  10. Finally, I'm thankful for readers. Without you, I wouldn't be living my dream come true. Thank you, everyone.
Wishing everyone in the US a Happy Thanksgiving, a safe Black Friday and holiday shopping season and to everyone, a late autumn (or spring) filled with warmth, love, and laughter.

***

Multi-Award winning, Amazon best-selling author Cindy Spencer Pape firmly believes in happily-ever-after and brings that to her writing, which blends fantasy, adventure, science fiction, suspense 
and romance. Author of 19 published novels and more than 40 shorter works, Cindy lives in southeast Michigan with her family and a houseful of pets. When not hard at work writing she can be found restoring her 1870 home, dressing up for steampunk parties and Renaissance fairs, or with her nose buried in a book. Learn more at www.cindyspencerpape.com

3 comments:

Cara Marsi said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Cindy. I love your list of what you're thankful for. My list would be the same except I have no dogs so am thankful for my cats.

Paris said...

Wishing you and yours, all the best now and always. Thank you for sharing your list with us. I'm always thankful for family and friends, but this time of year I'm especially thankful that we all still have forward momentum going for us :)Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

jean hart stewart said...

Love this season when everybody slows down and realizes their many blessings. Happy
thanksgiving to one and all.....

Share buttons