All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Friday, November 24, 2017

Give Thanks for the Simple Things



With Thanksgiving yesterday, most of us take the time to reflect on those things we’re most thankful for. I give thanks for my husband and son, and that we’re all healthy. I’m thankful we have enough food to eat and a roof over our heads.


With my husband at the Wynn in Las Vegas
Son at Hoover Dam

However, I thought it would be fun to list other more simple, even silly, things I’m thankful for, those things that give me pleasure, no matter how small. Here’s my list, not in any particular order.

·       The Zombie Apocalypse hasn’t happened yet
·       That first sip of coffee in the morning
·       That first sip of wine with my evening meal
·       Happy Hour at my favorite watering holes
·       Weight Watchers cream cheese slathered on a Thomas’ bagel thin (only 5 WW Smartpoints)
·       Williams-Sonoma Pecan Pumpkin Butter
·       Anything pumpkin
·       Netflix
·       Dark chocolate with rich, red wine
·       Romance novel heroes with their sculpted bodies and lovemaking skills, but most of all their kindness toward others and their willingness to sacrifice for those they love
·       Hallmark Christmas movies
·       Christmas songs
·       Scoring a Kate Spade handbag at a deep, deep discount
·       Scoring anything at a discount
·       Any day the sun shines
·       Girlfriends
·       Books, mine and others I love
·       My cats
·       Mani-pedis
·       Sandals
·       Homemade soup

Brewster & Tortie Chillin'

I could go on and on but then I’d never finish this blog. What are your favorite simple pleasures?

Take time from your busy holiday schedules to read a romance, hopefully my brand new Gambling on Love Series. All three stories are now available in a boxed set, The Gambling on Love Trilogy, soon in print also.
       

Take time from your busy holiday schedules to read a romance, hopefully my brand new Gambling on Love Series, set in Las Vegas. All three stories are now available in a boxed set, The Gambling on Love Trilogy, soon in print also.





 https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-gambling-on-love-trilogy


11 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Love your list, Cara - hope you had a great Thanksgiving! :)

Melissa Keir said...

Those are some of my favorite things to be thankful for! :)

Paris said...

Cara,
You've already listed most of my favorite things, family, friends and of course books. The list goes on of course, but red wine and dark chocolate are definitely near the top of my list!

Cara Marsi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy Baker said...

I'd have to go along with your list too. Right now I have to be Thankful for the family I enjoyed yesterday at our Thanksgiving table.

Cara Marsi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cara Marsi said...

Thanks Tina, Melissa and Paris, and Judy. Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I love how you included a handbag. lol. I like a nice walk with family. Chocolate covered caramels. Lots of good books. Friends and family. And cake.

Cara Marsi said...

Thanks, Vicki. I like your list too. I do love my Kate Spade handbags. I know what a handbag aficionado you are.

jean hart stewart said...

Love your list!!!! I have too many blessings to put down, bit I'm one thankful woman....

Cara Marsi said...

Thanks, Jean!

Share buttons